Synapse

Biovore Brood(2 modles)=110
Bio Acid

Carnifex=159
VC
TL Dev
ES
Reinforced Chitin

I have revised my army list to reflect my 1500 pt army I used in the Tourny.

·
LO Zealot
1,566 Posts
arcanecantrips said:
HQ:

HT=249
TS
ES
VC
TL Dev
Catalyst
Retinue: 2 Tyrant Guard.
As a matter of personal preference, I am not a fan of Tyrant guard. I find the points are better spent elsewhere. Give the tyrant EC and save 65 points... I like Catalyst. I take it on my tyrant, too. Nice cheap frag grenades for a unit that needs it. Or especially nice when charging a unit of banshees or anything else with strike first.

arcanecantrips said:
Broodlord=192
EC
Retinue: 7 Genestealers.
The stealers need EC, too. Especially since you'll be infiltrating close to your opponent, you need a save against bolter fire.

arcanecantrips said:
Carnifex=113
ES
TL Dev

Carnifex=113
ES
TL DEV
Love these guys.

arcanecantrips said:
Carnifex=113
AG (WS)
Bio Plasma
Scything Talons
Scything Talons
I find CC fex to be worthless. They are so slow in getting to combat they are virtually worthless. If you must take one, drop bio plasma. You definitely don't want BP to kill the one model you were able to reach on the charge and lose all your normal attacks.

arcanecantrips said:
Troops:

Ripper Swarm(6 bases)=84
Leaping

Ripper Swarm(7 bases)=98
Leaping

Ripper Swarm(7 bases)=98
Leaping

Ripper Swarm(7 bases)=98
Leaping

Ripper Swarm(7 bases)=98
Leaping

Ripper Swarm(7 bases)=98
Leaping
I've never seen the benefit of rippers. Sure, they have a lot of wounds, but str6+ weapons are going to ruin your day as they are not immune to instant death. Especially str6+ blast weapons as they will double-hit since rippers are small targets and as such Vulnerable to Blast rule applies. One ordinance hit will take down an entire squad.

I'd love to see genestealers with EC in here instead. Best troop choice we have.

arcanecantrips said:
Fast Attack:

Gargoyle Brood(9 modles)=108

Gargoyle Brood(9 modles)=108
Do these guys have a purpose in your list? I could never justify the points for them. I'd take these guys out to fit in some more stealers.

arcanecantrips said:
Heavy Support:

Zoanthrope Brood(3 modles)=150
Catalyst
Synapse
Good, but do you really need 4 catalysts? You could drop synapse, too. You have no gaunts, so that's not an issue... rippers are fearless, genestealers if you take them have brood telepathy.

Maybe try taking out catalyst and synapse on these guys for warp blast and some extra heavy tank busting power.

arcanecantrips said:
Biovore Brood(2 modles)=110
Bio Acid
Ew :p

Drop for some genestealers!

arcanecantrips said:
Carnifex=159
VC
TL Dev
TS
ES
Reinforced Chitin
Toxin sacs are a waste for this guy. No weapons he has can benefit from it. Only thing it gives you is the ability to instant-death a tough 5 opponent in assault... and if he's a shooty fex, you won't be going into assault much.

I'd also try trading out the TL-Dev for a barbed strangler. It has the same range as the VC and can penetrate up to armor 13.

Overall a pretty good list. Consider dropping the CC-fex, biovores, and gargoyles to take some genestealers as troop choices. You could either drop a squad or two of rippers to do this, or combine them into 10-swarm strong units to make space.

Good luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Biovores Vs Zoanthrope

I'd say that you should make a choice between Biovores or Zoanthropes. Though I disagree with moob, I like Biovores (Nothing like raining death ;-) ), I do agree that you either should drop the Zoanthropes or Biovores in favor of some more stealers. The two broods tend to overlap each other, and having them both is too much.

Though its against my favorites, I'd drop the biovores and you should get about 6 stealers out of it. Those six can help alot when needed.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paladin2ez said:
I'd say that you should make a choice between Biovores or Zoanthropes.

The reason I put the Biovores in is to take the out tanks and speeders. also I like the fact that the spore mines just drift around and it's hectic for troop/vehicle movement and shooting.

So with that said, are the Bio acid mines not that good (2D6+3 for armour pen)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
arcanecantrips said:
The reason I put the Biovores in is to take the out tanks and speeders. also I like the fact that the spore mines just drift around and it's hectic for troop/vehicle movement and shooting.
Still, wouldn't the zoathropes be good for doing that? Either that, or drop the zoathropes and add on another fex with VC. That has better range without the drift factor.

arcanecantrips said:
So with that said, are the Bio acid mines not that good (2D6+3 for armour pen)?
Acid mines are good for penetration (heck you've got a 1/12 chance of glancing a land-raider), but remember you have a 2/3 chance for the shot not to fall on target. They're not totally reliable as armor smashers. Also biovore mines should be shifted for the battle, Bio-Acid is great against vehicles, Toxin is great against most infantry, so is frag. With small armies (<1000 pts) Biovores are good for anti-armor (as long as you have some stealers for that extra punch).

They are good for annoying enemies though. I had 2 instances chaos units waste firepower on destroying mines during a turn, when they didn't quite understand on how the mines worked. The mines work best with groups of targets, but most enemies with good armor won't keep them that close together.

IMHO, the zoathropes would be more reliable as anti-armor, as would one or two big-gun shooty 'fexes.

But heck, what do I know. Playtest the darn thing and tell us how the biovores do as anti-tank, I'd love to know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Paladin2ez said:
Playtest the darn thing and tell us how the biovores do as anti-tank, I'd love to know.

Will do, I actually have a Tourny comming up against eldar, space wolfs, tau, and possibly chaos. so I will let you know how my army does in each battle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the Battle I was involved in I was only able to play the Eldar (can't rember which craft world) my Biovores did exceptionaly well destroying a falcon grav tank and disabling 1 jet bikes. deep striking my gargoyles was perfect in every way: turning fire away from my zoans, biovores and HT. Now as for the Fexes they only lasted 3 rounds, but they helped take out gardians, a jet bike, banshies, and warp spiders. Although it turned out to be a draw. I was able to take out almost everything in his entire army. I am verry pleased w/ my list as the rippers were able to distract from all of my TMCs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very Cool, Glad to hear it worked out so well. You may have convinced me to go and look for some zoans also ;-).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.