Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Biovores Vs Zoanthrope

I'd say that you should make a choice between Biovores or Zoanthropes. Though I disagree with moob, I like Biovores (Nothing like raining death ;-) ), I do agree that you either should drop the Zoanthropes or Biovores in favor of some more stealers. The two broods tend to overlap each other, and having them both is too much.

Though its against my favorites, I'd drop the biovores and you should get about 6 stealers out of it. Those six can help alot when needed.

Good hunting.

· Registered
85 Posts
arcanecantrips said:
The reason I put the Biovores in is to take the out tanks and speeders. also I like the fact that the spore mines just drift around and it's hectic for troop/vehicle movement and shooting.
Still, wouldn't the zoathropes be good for doing that? Either that, or drop the zoathropes and add on another fex with VC. That has better range without the drift factor.

arcanecantrips said:
So with that said, are the Bio acid mines not that good (2D6+3 for armour pen)?
Acid mines are good for penetration (heck you've got a 1/12 chance of glancing a land-raider), but remember you have a 2/3 chance for the shot not to fall on target. They're not totally reliable as armor smashers. Also biovore mines should be shifted for the battle, Bio-Acid is great against vehicles, Toxin is great against most infantry, so is frag. With small armies (<1000 pts) Biovores are good for anti-armor (as long as you have some stealers for that extra punch).

They are good for annoying enemies though. I had 2 instances chaos units waste firepower on destroying mines during a turn, when they didn't quite understand on how the mines worked. The mines work best with groups of targets, but most enemies with good armor won't keep them that close together.

IMHO, the zoathropes would be more reliable as anti-armor, as would one or two big-gun shooty 'fexes.

But heck, what do I know. Playtest the darn thing and tell us how the biovores do as anti-tank, I'd love to know.

· Registered
85 Posts
Very Cool, Glad to hear it worked out so well. You may have convinced me to go and look for some zoans also ;-).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.