Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wrenching my brain for the last few weeks for a sufficiently badass name for my Hive Fleet , but all I've come up with are horrible cliche names...

I would be very appreciative of any help you can give

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey Aramil_silverwind try something with the old latin feeling to it like some of these: Saguisacerbus, Fulgereardor or Celerculeus. Or you can use a name which means big size, fast moving or something like that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hive Fleet Cthulu

All credit to H.P. Lovecraft et al.

Suggests to me an ancient, huge and powerful force with a hint more esotericism than the previous Norse and Hebrew and opiate addicted British mythos for large beasties. The esoteric slant could be a hint that the Tyrannids have evolved to compensate for the mysticism of the psyche that they encountered in their previous jaunts into this galaxy...

Let me guess that was one of those horrible cliche names you came up with?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Originally posted by The_Inquisitor@Nov 1 2003, 16:03
Hive Fleet Enema.
That certainly is "fast and furious"! All the other Fleets are like Behemoth or Leviathin so how about Juggernaut.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hive Fleet Ithaqua. That's one of the Cthulhu gods, the god of wind. Symbolizes fast-ness and fast changes of temperament. Or Hive Fleet Mordiggian- Cthulhu deity of the dead. H.P. Lovecraft had some pretty wacked out names:
Nodens
Azathoth
Yog-Sothoth
Shub-Niggurath
Nyarlahotep
Cthulhu
Hastur
Mordiggian
Yig
Shudde M'ell
Glaaki
Dagon (I LOVE THAT NAME)
Hydra (not completely original)
Ithaqua
Cthugha
Tsathoggua
Y'Golonac
PM me or post to ask what one of the names you think is cool symbolizes- I'll be glad to elaborate. And that was all from memory, too.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You mean the game? H.P. Lovecraft wrote it first, about fifty years ago. The name Shub-Niggurath, I mean. But I don't really see that as a viable possibility- I just write it to complete the set. I mean, come on. Hive Fleet Shub-Niggurath?

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
How about hive fleet 134.789 or something or biological anomaly 7765.898

·
Registered
857 Posts
How about Hive Fleet Painful Rectal Infection? Or Hive Fleet Massively Engorged Testicle? Hive Fleet Debilitating Skin Rash? I think this thread has sort of disintegrated into joking. What does the original author like among the posts already given?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A good hive fleet name could be Hive Fleet Diabolus, or Hive Fleet Diablo. The bio anomaly idea is cool but I think it would need to be more Admech e.g. Bio anomaly 201/TE.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with Deciever on this one , most of these names have been a bunch of jokes.

But I like Juggernaut. I did recognise that The other 3 main hive fleets where mythical creatures , and I wanted a feel like that too , so I think that I might stick with that.

But the 'Hive Fleet Phobos' comment (that was like the 2nd suggestion) got me into thinking about a D&D char my friend play a while ago in one of my games - Demos
(for those that don't get a connection , Demos and Phobos are both moons of Mars)
So I might name my Hive fleet after a D&D character that was pretty much unstoppable in a fight....

But i still enjoy reading your suggestions , and I havn't laid the name in stone yet , so if ya got a good idea , I'd love to hear it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.