Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone, construction of my Tyranid force, Hive Fleet Nezumia, is now underway. Before I start frantically gluing models together though, I thought I'd run a list past the experts (and any not-so-expert experts who just have something to add). Now I know the force points total is very strange, that's because this is a list of everything I have and the way I'm thinking of equipping them.

I'm open (and keen to hear) any suggestions/comments you may have about the configuration of the specific units below and/or about the entire force in general. I'd also be interested to hear what people think I should cut out/add in for games of 1000pts or 1500pts.

HQ Units

Broodlord - 90pts
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Genestealer Retinue (8 Genestealers) - 184pts
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Tyranid Warriors (3 Warriors) - 103pts
Enhanced Senses
Extended Carapace
1 x Barbed Strangler
Toxin Sacs
2 x Deathspitter
4 x Scything Talons

HQ Total:377

Troop Units

Termagaunts (16 Gaunts) - 96pts
Fleshborer

Hormagaunts (16 Hormogaunts) - 160pts
Scything Talons
Leaping

Ripper Swarm (3 Bases) - 30pts

Troop Total:286

Elite Units

Tyranid Warriors (4 Warriors) - 100pts
Enhanced Senses
4 x Devourer
4 x Scything Talons

Lictor - 80pts

Genestealers (8 Genestealers) - 184
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Elite Total:364

Heavy Support

Zoanthrope - 65pts
Warp Field
Synapse Creature
Warp Blast

Carnifex - 204
Enhanced Senses
Extended Carapace
Bonded Exoskeleton
Toxin Sacs
Barbed Strangler
Venom Cannon

Biovore - 50pts
Frag Mines

Heavy Support Total:319

TOTAL POINTS:1346

Thanks for any comments you can give,
Krystofor

·
Registered
92 Posts
HQ Units

Broodlord - 90pts
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Genestealer Retinue (8 Genestealers) - 184pts
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Don't know much about the Broodlord itself, but I know that Toxin Sacs are kind of a waste on Genestealers. They'll get most of their kills through rending, as opposed to actual wounding. Plus, if you're 'Stealers are wounding that much easier, they run the risk of wiping out the unit and possible being open to shooting, if you can't dart them into cover with the Massacre result.

Tyranid Warriors (3 Warriors) - 103pts
Enhanced Senses
Extended Carapace
1 x Barbed Strangler
Toxin Sacs
2 x Deathspitter
4 x Scything Talons

Firstly, I believe you typo'd the number of scything talons. Particulars aside, a decent unit of Warriors, if a bit squishy to be relied on for synapse. I'd advise adding this to your elites (I'll mention how later), and consider some kind of Hive Tyrant as your HQ, if you can get one. Winged with TL-Devourers, or a walker with guards and anti-tank weapons. As is, I'd almost consider the Venom Cannon/Barbed Strangler/Toxin Sacs/Enhanced Senses Tyrant with Guard, since your anti-tank is a tad light.

HQ Total:377

Troop Units

Termagaunts (16 Gaunts) - 96pts
Fleshborer

Hormagaunts (16 Hormogaunts) - 160pts
Scything Talons
Leaping

Ripper Swarm (3 Bases) - 30pts

Troop Total:286

Most people don't usually like Hormagaunts, and with your list, they'd run out of synapse range pretty fast. (They're the fastest things in your list, after all.) I'd consider adding more troops somehow. Tyranids need numbers of small troops to distract/tie up/pave the way for the more dangerous things. So as you work up your points values, consider more troops.

Tyranid Warriors (4 Warriors) - 100pts
Enhanced Senses
4 x Devourer
4 x Scything Talons

Lictor - 80pts

Genestealers (8 Genestealers) - 184
Extended Carapace
Toxin Sacs

Elite Total:364
If you're going for Devourers on the Warriors, you might as well Twin-link them, since it's going to benefit you more than having the extra close combat attack will. Re-rolls are always very helpful, especially with the 'Nids low ballistics skill. Lictors are always made out to be one hit wonders, but if it will/can work for you, you might not have to change it. Also, Genestealers are actually a troops choice, not an Elites. So that boosts your troop count up a little, and lets you move your HQ warriors into this slot, and leave room for a Tyrant of sorts.

Heavy Support

Zoanthrope - 65pts
Warp Field
Synapse Creature
Warp Blast

Carnifex - 204
Enhanced Senses
Extended Carapace
Bonded Exoskeleton
Toxin Sacs
Barbed Strangler
Venom Cannon

Biovore - 50pts
Frag Mines

Heavy Support Total:319

TOTAL POINTS:1346

Thanks for any comments you can give,
Krystofor

Warp blast, as good as it sounds, is a 50/50 chance on Zoanthropes. It's more likely to miss than it is to do anything. In your list, it might help with the anti-tank, but other wise take it off to conserve points, or consider adding something else, like Psychic Scream (always fun with Barbed stranglers.) The Sniperfex is good, but the Toxin Sacs are completely unecessary, since all the weapons are max strength from the Carnifex's base strength already. That'll shave off another few extra points for you to play around with. Finally, if you're going to take Biovores, I'd suggest Bio-Acid mines, to help with your anti-tank. The other types of mines don't really sound like they'd do what they sound like they should do, if you know what I mean. Consider upping the brood count as well. More mines is always better.

Other than a few small things here and there, it's a fairly decent list for starting out. Hope some of this has helped. ;Y

1 - 2 of 2 Posts