Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
994 Posts
ok shouldnt there be a picture of the warrior or a link to the picture.

because if there isnt i could start a post and say

i have finished 1 guardsman

in the next post i could say i have finished 2 guardsmen

etc etc

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Oct 13 2003, 09:31
ok shouldnt there be a picture of the warrior or a link to the picture.

because if there isnt i could start a post and say

i have finished 1 guardsman

in the next post i could say i have finished 2 guardsmen

etc etc
I finished this Tyranid and its the greatest Tyranid on earth, but no pics...LOL!!

I'm working on getting the pics in there. I'm new over here so gimme a second.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I like it, but it could still use some highlighting on the gun and orange armor.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's highlighted in fiery orange and yellow actually but you can't see it at all in the pics. In sunlight it almost glows....

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, I like the scheme, but a little more colors would be nice in my opinion. Like a lighter orange or red. But good job!

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Warrior looks frekkin' awesome!! I love orange! It's my favorite Frekkin color!!! But it could use some highlighting and some new colors.....But i tried this....I painted my Tyrant with Firey Orange and did the small membrane details in Lightning Blue! I think its pretty badass looking but I'll see if I can post a pic to give you some inspiration..

·
Registered
93 Posts
however... it seems as if you haven'T watered down your paint. it looks quite thick to me.

moreover, in my opinion, the chitinplates should be of a different color than the rest of the model. you see...the tail is black, but the legs etc. are orange altho they are the same thing.

but it's good after all

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The paint thickness is only apparent when really close. I think the clearcoat will help even it out. The problem with painting bright colors such as red, orange or yellow with a dark undercoat is that it takes a couple of coats of paint to keep the black from showing through. On the other hand, if you use a white undercoat then all the black has to be done with a fine detail brush, which takes much much longer than throwing on several coats of orange.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.