Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hive Fleet Scorpio: 3000 points plus
Overtime I have been planning on making a bigger and more versatile army list that goes by my budget. I can't afford the heirophant or most other giant tyranid creatures, so thats why my army is going to be as versatile and as affordable as possible. This is it so far as to what I'm thinking. Note I am doing this by memory so it may change with any error I have placed on it.

My Army List​
HQ
Hive Tyrant: BS, venom cannon, Toxin Sacs, Toxic miasma, extended carapace,shadow in the warp, 2 tyrant guard.

1 Broodlord with extended carapace and toxin sacs and 7 Genestealers retinue with extended carapace

Tyranid warriors: 3 broods of 4 tyranid warriors. One brood with one tyranid warrior with a venom cannon, scything talons, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace and three tyranid warriors with deathspitters, scything talons, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, and extended carapace. One brood with one warrior having a barbed strangler, scything talons, enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs and three warriors having a devourer, scything talons, enhanced senses, extended carapace, and toxin sacs. One brood with 4 warriors With scything talons, rending claws, adrenal glands(ws), toxin sacs, extended carapace, bio-plasma and leaping.

Troops List
2 Broods of 12 Genestealers: with extended carapace.

24 termaguants: flesh borer.

24 Hormagaunts

24 Spineguants

7 ripper swarms with leaping

Fast Attack
3 ravenors with scything talons rending claws and devourer

Heavy Support
3 Zoanthropes with warp blast, and synapse or psychic scream depending on army against

3 Biovores: Bio-acid and toxin

Carnifex: Scything talons+Crushing claws, adrenal glands, extended carapace, rienforced Chitin, Spine Banks, regeneration, bonded exoskeleton
or Heavy Support Ranged Carnifex: VC+BS, enhanced senses, Reienforced Chitin, bonded exoskeleton, extended carapace, regeneration. Depending on army up against.

This would be my army for Apocalypse, any comments that will be helpful in making this army more efficient are welcome, especially in its strategic chance in an event such as apocalypse and any army playing.

The last time this was posted was in December so I hope that this time I could get some suggestions, Anything that is beneficial is Welcome :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
HQ Hive Tyrant

now u forgot to post the enhanced senses, i hope u already had it just for got to put it in.:p
now u have a Blast tempate at Str 5 and 3 shots at Str7. he is really only for long range troop killing witch is fine but i Canifex can have a Str 8 temp and 2 Str 10 for less points. The Synapse Support is not used in the back. Shadow is working on the Zoanthropes so that may protect them but will make them fail more.

Broodlord at 3k points can work if ya get to infiltrate but if not is moving very slow.

Ok now the warriors need some work, u have shooting warriors with ST's, in my mind a waste. at 3000 points are they really seeing CC? Twin Link them( not the VC but i question its point value in the first place)

your CC warriors are fine but i think that for there points Raveners and Genestealers do it better.

if u need synapse have more Dev warriors they get close enough for shooting and Synapse

Troop

your troops look ok but the large squads scare me, they seem unwieldy

Fast Attack
i love Raveners try and rock 3 squads of 2

Heavy

Here is where i get i little mad about, biovores are weird and take the spot of what my fav Heavy is, THE SNIPERFEX. will keep shooting things and take way to many hits to die.

If u need they synapse witch with 9 warriors and a BroodLord looks fine they are kinda week. they only hit 1/2 the time and even then don't always penetrate the tank u think u are going after. with only 18" range they wont be stopping any tank from shooting till at least turn 2 if not more. with a Fex shooting u will get a str 10 hit every turn and a str8 every other turn, all u need to do is glance a tank to stop it from firing at your troops.

Take 3 Fex's all shooting wont let u down, Twin Link them Warriors, rethink the Hive tyrant (Dakka Tyrants are really nice).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for my hive tyrant yes I do have enhanced senses. And also with toxin sacs he has 3 shots of strength 8 venom cannon witha 3+ to hit. I have used him in battle before and he is an awesome predator sort of tank killer as well as a good troop killer. The problem with the carnifex shooting is even though he is more powerful, he needs a 4+ to hit and only has two shots with the venom cannon so has less of a chance to kill tanks like the predator than the Hive tyrant. I also like the biovores however because 1. they don't need line of sight which is good, 2. they have a 48 inch range, and three toxin mine are very effective against open toped vehicles. I will though take you advice on the zoanthropes, I only really had them because of something like a monolith came then I could have a good chance of penetration. I'll think about taking more ravenors becase they are pretty good as well in close combat.

Thanks for your advice:),

any more is welcome:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, the canifex's have a 4+ to hit but with the Str10 they will glance. Right now all u need to do is glance a tank to stop it from shooting or make it worth no VP's. you get 2 shots one will hit and the BS will hit every other turn. thats 1 str 10 hit a turn with a str8 swing hit. will glance a AR12 on a 2+, 13 on a 3+ and god forbid 14 on a 4+ thats a good chance to stop that gun from firing anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am considering about taking both I and ws becase the I will make my bioplasma hit a 10 i with a strength of 6 which will be very useful and ws because they will hit marines at a 3+, I think I will see if I can get another sniperfex to relace the zoanthropes.

Thanks for your comments,
more are still welcome8Y

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm not sure (never have played apocalypse) but isnt there no squad cap? O, and running a balanced army isnt running every troop there is ;). Personaly, i dont like rippers, this sqad will probably get shot once with a cannon and severed then left alone for rapid fire or the like to kill off the rest. I no u think taking a cannon shot is good, but in 3000 points i'd think they'd have like 6. I'd say run the sniper fex, drop either the thropes or biovores (preferably the biovores) and run another one. Then if you can, add another fex. I'd say 1 sniper for every 1000 points, but you probably need the thropes for synapse. I'd give only one thrope synapse and psychic scream and 2 of them warpblast and psychic scream, then give ur tyrant psychic scream just cuz its so awesom. You can maybe replace the broodlords with another tyrant, maybe a dakkatyrant and give it psychic scream too. I've always wanted to see how the choir works out, never ran it myself, thought it was worth the 40 points though. O, and bioplasma always hits on a 4+, read the book.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the bioplasma, that was a typo on my part. Anyway, would the range of the psychic scream and warp blast effect its effectiveness since they are both 18 inches in range(the stronger blast for the warp) and when I witnessed a Apocalsype game, it was with lost of tables so I'm just not sure even with physchic scream that the zoanthropes would be effective. I should probably take out the rippers and replace them with something more useful, they will be destroyed too easily to be of any use. I would replace the broodlord with the hivetyrant bu there are problems. 1. the hive tyrant is very, very, very , Very hard to put otgether since it is made of metal. WHen I had my first Hive tyrant putting it together was a nightmare. Even though the Broodlord is made of metal as well, I think that it would be a whole lot eaier to build and he can infiltrate so that helps as well that he has genestealers too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well 1/3 of the time he cant infiltrate, and even when he does he can be avoided.

i used the canifex model for my hive tyrant, plastic makes it alot easy to customize, it my take more for cutting and gluing but i think its worth it

;Y

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is interesting, can you tell me how turned the carnifex into a Hive tyrant, I would really like to know that. It be a good way to boost my armies capabilities.8Y

·
Registered
153 Posts
Have you checked if you're allowed to have multiple army detachments? The game is designed with lesser army selections in mind, and Tyranids really starts to suffer once you get over the 1500 pt mark. 3000 pts tyranids with only one army detachment means the premises forces you to make alot of expensive and non-cost/effective choices. A severe disadvantage in a tournament, I'd say.

Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a good suggestion actually, I see about that:?. Then what I can do is have two armies of 1500 which will give me a better advantage at dealing with multiple threats as well as having a good balanced army.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.