Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Prologue...

Many of the Magos Biologis believe that the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Behemoth were not the fist to enter our galaxy, just the first to enter in huge numbers. In the past, the Imperium has encountered organisms similar to the Tyranids, such as the fleet Ouroboris in the 36th millenium, and Colossus in the 38th. There has also been infestations of Genestealers on Space Hulks, and several Imperial worlds, and conflict with an organism known as the Catachan Devil. However, there are many more forgotten fleets that have been lost in the archives of the Adeptus Astartes that remain unknown forever, unless they show themselves again...

History of Hive Fleet Terminus

In the 39th millenium, a major Genestealer incursion on the world of Dunen II saw the entire colony of Orks wiped out. This made way for a small fleet of Tyranids to assimilate the biomass of the planet and also allowed it to grow in size. The fleet then moved on to another Ork world, Holda, where again the vanguard of the fleet easily devoured the defending orks, who had no idea what was happening. The terrified Orks named the fleet "da end". Imperial investigations on the planet Holda discovered jibberish messages carved into the rocks, and these messages told the story. At first, it was difficult for researchers to translate the symbols, but it soon became clear that stealthy aliens had struck from cover and taken the Orks completely by surprise. The researchers named the attackers "Terminus" after interpreting the dead Orks writing. After Holda, the fleet disappeared, and the incident was forgotten.

But now, Hive Fleet Terminus has appeared again after a few millenia. They have been following the Maelstrom, feeding on the devastation it leaves behind, and is now considerably larger than it was when it destroyed all life on the two Ork worlds. It is now moving towards the massive Hive Fleet Leviathan, having already devoured all life on Tesla Prime, Rigant and Corusil. Conflict between the fleets is inevitable, as one of the tendrils of Leviathan is advancing towards the path of Terminus. This confilct will not benefit the Imperium in any way, as the stronger fleet will simply assimilate the biomass of the loser and use it to make its own Tyranids. But, being a smaller fleet than Leviathan, Terminus is most likely to become part of the greatest Tyranid threat to the Imperium.

Evolution of the Terminus fleet

The Tyranids of this fleet are different from most other documented Tyranid organisms. For a start, most of them lack carapace on their head. Instead, they have a smooth, acid-resistant thick layer of exoskeleton. Their blood is strongly acidic, and can melt through the carapace armour employed by the Imperial Guard, though not through Space Marine power armour. It is rumoured that an Ork champion used one of the xenomorphs heads as a shield against the acid as he cleaved waves of Genestealers with his Big Choppa. Unfortunately, he was eventually overwhelmed by the amazing number pitted against him.
Many of the more complex organisms, such as Hive Tyrants, Warriors, and Carnifexes also have strong, muscular tails with a spine that is evolved to pierce tough hides, with the serrated edges ripping the flesh inside the body, causing severe pain, and (if the edges come into contact with internal organs) possibly death.

Well, there you go. I'm not great when it comes down to cooking up stories n stuff, but I hope you like it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice dude. Are you going to give your army some special rules? cuz i got some major ideas for you.

Oh, and Leviathan is gonna own.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice dude. Are you going to give your army some special rules? cuz i got some major ideas for you.

Oh, and Leviathan is gonna own.
Do you know how I could give them some special rules? I haven't found any White Dwarf article or anything on the GW website that would allow me to do that. And I would welcome any ideas. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think stuff like:

Acid Blood: All denizens of Terminus have a Phage Cell called Verxius Cells which give their blood acidic traits. When any Hive Fleet Terminus Model is reduced to 0 wounds, or killed, roll a D6. On a 4+, the blood hits a trooper. The blood has Strength 4 and AP 5. When against an armor value, the blood hits on 2d6+3. When a Monstrous creature is killed, the blood rolls two different dice for seperate attacks (to represent the astounding amount of blood pouring out of a 14 foot monster)

Poison Invulnerability: The Hive Fleet Terminus species have a acid-proof head covering that can repel even the most potent venoms. On a 4+ (to represent the Tyranid moving its head on time) the Poisoned Weapon rule is negated.

Barbed Tails : Long, Barb-like traits on tails has been spotted on the Larger Tyranid Organisms. All Hive Tyrants, Tyranid Warriors, Carnifexes, Lictors, and Raveners may choose the Barbed Tail bio-morph (works exactly like the Mace Tail biomorph, see Tyranid Codex) for +4 points.

The Maelstrom: Hive Fleet Terminus follows the Maelstrom, which has sucked a significant number of Hive Ships into its depths. All Tyranid models cost 2+ points per model (I had to think up of something to make up for all Terminus's advantages).

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Unofficial special rules are fine so long as you clear them with opponents first and don't try and pull them in tournaments or anything.. Generally, I'd stick to the book stuff, but it might be fun to experiment with some custom things.

Just a few points..

1. I think the word is 'ourobouros', if you mean the eternity symbol. Maybe you mean something else though?
2. The maelstrom is a galactic feature.. It doesn't move much relative to the objects around it. It's just a really big warp storm.
3. I think including Badab is a bit much.. It's a very significant fluff location generally, and as mentioned is unlikely to provide much sustenance as it's been subject to exterminatus and will therefore be a dead-rock already.

Otherwise, really cool fluff.. I like the orky touch..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@Hive Fleet Hydra

Great rules, but I think that adding 2 points to a monstrous creature is a bit pointless. Maybe it should be increased by 1/5th the creatures original points vaule, rounding up, for all models. I might make my own codex, as my nid codex is falling apart anyway and I cant afford to buy another right now. If I do, I'll certainly include these rules. ;)

@The_Giant_Mantis

1. Not sure what you mean there...
2. Storms move, don't they? If I'm wrong, let me know so I can edit the fluff.
3. I wasn't sure whether to include Badab for the same reasons. But as for the exterminatus, the atmosphere wouldn't have been destroyed. And with an atmosphere, life can evolve. Terminus simply strips the world of these basic evolving life forms, and consumes the atmosphere, making it not just a dead rock, but an airless dead rock ;)

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
1. Not sure what you mean there...
I mean here

In the past, the Imperium has encountered organisms similar to the Tyranids, such as the fleet Ouroboris in the 36th millenium, and Colossus in the 38th.
I thought maybe you'd misspelled the word, but perhaps not?

I think there are Warp storms which drift, but the bigger ones like the Eye of Terror and the Maelstrom are more like a area of space in themselves. They move with the surrounding objects.. Planets might drift in and out of them as they expand and contract, but I don't think they move around in real terms.

On Exterminatus.. All the methods I remember also change the atmosphere significantly. Cyclonic torpedoes, for example, ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere, so the composition of the atmosphere changes rapidly.. I think it's very unusual for any life to survive a complete Exterminatus. The whole thing that some Tyranid creatures can was a little bit of a 'woah' factor..

And given that there's no life.. What would draw a hive fleet there? Nids hunt psychically, and are drawn to the signals given off by living creatures (especially genestealer cults and forward seeding swarms) so why would they go to a dead world?

It does work, I guess, it just seems odd..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I thought maybe you'd misspelled the word, but perhaps not?
I don't think I mispelled it, I took it straight out of the Tyranid codex.

I think there are Warp storms which drift, but the bigger ones like the Eye of Terror and the Maelstrom are more like a area of space in themselves. They move with the surrounding objects.. Planets might drift in and out of them as they expand and contract, but I don't think they move around in real terms.

On Exterminatus.. All the methods I remember also change the atmosphere significantly. Cyclonic torpedoes, for example, ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere, so the composition of the atmosphere changes rapidly.. I think it's very unusual for any life to survive a complete Exterminatus. The whole thing that some Tyranid creatures can was a little bit of a 'woah' factor..

And given that there's no life.. What would draw a hive fleet there? Nids hunt psychically, and are drawn to the signals given off by living creatures (especially genestealer cults and forward seeding swarms) so why would they go to a dead world?

It does work, I guess, it just seems odd..
Yeah, you're probably right. I will rethink that part of it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

@Hive Fleet Hydra:

ACID BLOOD
all denizens of terminus have developed a phage cell known as xerxius cells which produces an acidic enzyme which is transported by the blood. As a result, the creatures blood is a very strong acid.
when any Hive Fleet Terminus model is killed, roll a d6. on a 4+, the blood hits all enemy models in base contact with the creature. The each affected model takes a single S4 AP5 hit. This does not affect friendly models as the Tyranids of terminus have skin that is resistant to their own acidic blood.
when a monstrous creature is killed, all enemy models in base contact take two hits instead of one. This represents the astounding amount of blood pouring out of a colossal monster.

note: tyranids of hive fleet terminus cannot take the regeneration biomorph due to the impracticality of healing a wound that is throwing out a highly acidic liquid. therefore regeneration is not listed in the biomorph enhancments section.

RESISTANT TO POISONS
The Hive Fleet Terminus species have a acid-proof, tough head covering that can repel even the most potent venoms. On a 4+, to represent the Tyranid using its head as a shield, the poisoned Weapon rule is negated.

BARBED TAIL
Long, Barb-like traits on tails has been spotted on the Larger Tyranid Organisms. the option to take barbed tail is listed in the creature's biomorph options in the army list section

THE MAELSTROM
Hive Fleet Terminus has been following the maelstrom for thousands of years. Which has limited the quality of the biomass the fleet has been able to assimilate. All Tyranid models cost 1/5 of their base points cost extra, rounding up. there is also a lack of monstrous creatures due to the limited biomass, so terminus armies have the option of removing either 1 HQ slot or 1 heavy support slot on the force organisation chart in games of 1500pts of less.

Hows that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts