Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brood with a Hive Node does not gain the benefits of being a Synapse creature?!

By the reading of the mutation, all it does is increase the leadership of the brood to 10. But they still need to be within 12" of a true Synapse creature to get the benefits of being immune to morale, etc.?

That seems odd to me.

I was going to put a Hive Node on a Ravener, but now it looks like there's no point. Right?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, there is no real point to a hive node on a Ravener. This mutation was meant mainly for the Gaunts, they have the lowest Ld value of any 'nid. So yeah, you still need that Synapse creature to ingnore the Instictive test.....

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
By default, IB applies to all tyranids. Only those which are synapse creatures, fearless or genestealers are immune.

Do raveners have a special rule mentioned in their codex entry which makes them synapse creatures or fearless? The answer to this question is the same as the answer to yours.

jwu

·
Registered
515 Posts
Actually i have the codex here: cool how the monsterous creatures are fearless isnt it, what about tyrant guardS? how can(if used as a second hq choice) fall back due to IB.

Damn This Is Confusing

·
Registered
40 Posts
If the guards fell back because of IB , but the Carnifex if fearless , why would the Carnifex have to fall back?
That makes sense in games terms , but not logical terms I guess.

Scince a Monstrous creature can join any brood , does that mean that it could also serperate from the brood and become independant again if such a situation occured?

·
Registered
379 Posts
As far as I know you could just seperate the carnifex from the brooed if they fail the IB roll since Carnis never have to fall back etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
But you can only join/leave a brood at certain times (same with IC's in other armies). You can't have your guard fail their IB roll, and THEN have the 'fex leave the brood. If the brood fails the IB roll, everyone fails and everyone suffers. On the plus side, this means your 'fex may get the "ATTACK!" behavior.

It is a shame, I do wish they guard were fearless (I mean, they would have to be to hang out with TMC's all day long), but they aren't.

·
Registered
379 Posts
That doesnt bother me as much as zoanthropes not being fearless unless they have synapse creature. They are like big bad powerful psychic beings and oops lets hide!

·
Registered
379 Posts
But what about creatures that Cannot fall back? Like, for example monsterous creatures. They say they "never fall back" and pass all morale checks, even ones that say you dont get a check.

Its not the "fearless" trait.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.