Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
now i finaly found out what a hive node was today. But i had to ask my freind and well i couldent find it anywhere in the new codex...is that beacuse it dosnt exist in the revamped nids? If it dosnt exist how can i get uber synapsis to follow my gaunts for cheap...

sry if i dont know what im talking about...or if youve had to answer this befor

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hive nodes are gone, so is the whole mutation system... so there's 4 ways of getting synapse.

Hive Tyrant: you can give him wings so he can keep up with the hormagaunts, this is a pretty reliable tactic, another is to tool him up for shooting and buy him a couple of guard, that way he can still cover most of the gaunts, and he'll be safe as houses. Tyrants tend to be expensive.

Broodlord: if you stick him and his retinue in the middle of your gaunts, he'll not only provide synapse but also provide some serious CC power. The Broodlord himself is pretty cheap, but he requires a retinue... which makes him pretty costly.

Warriors: these are my favorites, there's 2 ways to go, CC, Shooty and flying. I prefer a unit of shooty and a unit of CC, winged warriors are too fragile for me, the shooty ones babysit the gaunts while they advance, and the CC ones take over when the gaunts reach the enemy. Warriors can be pretty cheap, depending on what upgrades you buy them, mine usually cost around 35-40pts a piece.

Zoanthropes: the synapse power is fairly cheap, so I usually combine it with Warp Blast, as this as a relatively short range, you'll be following the gaunts anyways. You can get a zoanthrope with synapse for 45pts, it just doesnt get cheaper, the downsides are that at 45pts they cant do anything but provide synapse and you're limited to 3 zoanthropes per army.

In the last edition of the codex, hive nodes made synapse a no brainer... but nowadays there's no sure fire way of guaranteeing synapse coverage so I always take plenty, 2 units of warriors and a couple of zoanthropes.. just in case.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hive nodes are indeed gone from the new codex. However, there are a total four unit types that can have Synapse: the Tyrant, the Broodlord, Warriors, and Zoanthropes. The cheapest source of Synapse is a Zoanthrope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts