Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
UnderWater Ninja-Tiger ..
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this is an easy one, but I am confused by the wording in the in Codex. If a Tyranid player joins a Hive Tyrant to a ripper swarm brood. Can it still be targetted by a shooting phase, or would the ripper swarms *shield* it and take the wounds?

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can't join a hive tyrant to any other unit because it is not an independent character.

The only time a hive tyrant can have other models with it is if it is walking (rather than flying) and has a tyrant guard.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
What ZenGamer said. Hive Tyrants are not Independent Characters, they are units, and so cannot join other units. This is excepted in the case of Tyrant Guard.

I could be wrong, but I think technically Tyrant Guard can be joined to a winged hive tyrant (i.e. there's no restriction in the rules), but that would be pretty retarded.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
On the subject of guarding winged Tyrants. It says in the Tyrant Guard entry, no you can't.

First seven words of the "Tyrant Guard" special rule

And in the rulebook it (presumeably, I've not looked) says you cant mix jump and non-jump infantry together.

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
On the subject of guarding winged Tyrants. It says in the Tyrant Guard entry, no you can't.

First seven words of the "Tyrant Guard" special rule

And in the rulebook it (presumeably, I've not looked) says you cant mix jump and non-jump infantry together.
Thanks Beardy, I've never considered doing it, so I imagine selectively read or simply forgot.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Heh, I had never considered it either (until it was mentioned), but my codex can be reached from my computer, so it wasnt all that much effort to check :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.