Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Daemonhunters book after posting two of my former armies on eBay (Necron OOP, 1500pt | Dark Angels, 1000pt -- PM if interested :p). I've been thinking for a 1500pt build that I do the following (base models without choices, will come out to about 1200):

HQ:
-1 Grey Knight Grand Master in Terminator Armor

Elites:
-1 Squad of 5 GK Terminators (4 Terminators, 1 Brother-Captain)
245pts

-1 Squad of 3 Death-Cult Assassins
240pts

-1 Inquisitor in Terminator Aromr
40pts

Troops:
-2 Squads of 10 Grey Knights (9 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar)
550pts

Heavy Support:
-2 Grey Knight Dreadnoughts with Lascannons
180pts

1400 total without any additions which would most likely be added to the squads/HQ

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
the regular grey knights hsould be given nemisis force weapons and the 2 i belive that can have psycannons, should have them.

i dont knwo alot about grey knights but i knwo that psycanons are nasty.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Um Salamander .. all Grey Knights have some form of Nem force weapons so.... yeah....

It looks like a fine list, add some incins or psycannons to your GKs depending on the enemy if you feel like it as well.

I do tho, see one big problem with your army, your slow, really slow, going a max of 6" without charging a turn, if thats your plan, thats good But I'v noticed I lose way to many GKs during shooting, even with Shrouding to have them foot slogging it be anywhere near useful.
To fix that, you just need to Get two squads of stormies, then you can switch those GKs to Fast Attack when you want too and you'll be cookin.

This will bring your army up some however, personally i'd drop the assassins and inquis and put in the stormies, but play as yea like eh :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah :\ The more I think about it, the less I want to use the Assassins. Here's a rewritten consideration:

HQ:
-1 Grey Knight Grand Master in Terminator Armor

Elites:
-1 Squad of 8 GK Terminators (7 Terminators, 1 Brother-Captain)
383pts
-1 Inquisitor with Terminator Armor
40pts

Troops:
-2 Squads of 10 Grey Knights (9 Grey Knights, 1 Justicar)
550pts

Heavy Support:
-1 Land Raider Crusader

Total Points: 1429

·
Registered
198 Posts
i would move the terminators to the lord retinue, giving him a 'gang' of kick-butt killers and will give u some points (as u remove the brother captain)

i would also remove the inqiusitor as i think u only took him for the assassins 'ability' and now u don't need him (he also needs some weapons as he doesn't have any)

i also think that a normal land raider would be better as it can take out tanks and if u give it the storm bolter and psycannon bolts, it can also kill seer council, daemon troops, normal troops (AP 4 !!) etc.

these cahnges should, with a bit of tweaking, allow for a small transport GK unit if u want or another normal unit, wateva ya want

hope these help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.