Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of collecting the armoured company. But i have a few questions to ask.
1. Can i field a relatively small (1500pt) armoured company in a GW store, or is it like imperial armour stuff, where it cant be used in a regular basis

2. Is: 3 leman russes, 2 basilisks, 1 hell hound, 2 chimera (with armoured fist squads attatched) a legal armoured company army? (dont know how the force organisation chart works in the AC, plus i dont have the rules to them :( )

Your replies are appreciated :)

·
646 Posts
Hi Whiteshields, Armoured Company is chapter approved, so it is Legal as long as your opponent says yes. For tournaments you may find the organisers unwilling to let you take a non-codex army, so you might be better off trying to build a codex tank force.

Your army lis legal, as long as one of your Russes is a command tank. At the moment you have no HQ choice in there, and you need to take a tank ace for every 2 regular tanks (fast attack and heavy support excluded). So your 2 Basalisks would be your heavy support choices, your 2 Leman Russes would be tanks (troops).

The full rules can be found here:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/ac-armylist/assets/ac-armylist.pdf

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Actually the original, and still valid armoured company rules are in Forgeworlds imperial ARmour 1, the WD rules which is linked above are a cut down set.

Either set of rules would be usable in a GW store, however both may not be allowed in tourneys

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i can have a legal army with those tank huh? WOuld it be a good list in terms of handling most races. Ive got the basilisk putting pieplates on most infantry, same goes for the hellhound, while the armoured fist squad and russes take on any tanks or anti armour in the opposition.

would this list work:
HQ: Leman russ - maybe it could be converted to a vanquisher, i dont know
Troops: 2 leman russes
Fast: Hellhound, 2 armoured fist squads each w/ 1 lascannon and 1 plasma
Hvy: 2 Basilisks w/ indirect fire

·
646 Posts
That sounds like a solid list Whiteshields, and yes, it is legal.
However, I would look at the Anti-tank shells rather than a Vanquisher, it essentialy just makes the Vanquisher a bit cheaper but it has no coaxial storm bolter and only 72" range *gasp* whatever will we do when we aren't able to fire at troops 96" away :D.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So its a good list rite?...no more comments about changing stuff? cool

Now all i need to get is 2 basilisks :shifty: (thats gonna rip a hole in my pocket):(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts