Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

My weakness to buy everything awesome has struck once again. when the tyranids came out, i bought a Hive Tyrant.

Now, i'm not getting into a Tyranid army... it is literally sitting on my desk with only the torso glued together. Still, it is an awesome model and i feel a shame to let it go to waste (as no one i know wants one).

So: I AM starting a Daemonic legion army. Right now its mostly Tzeentch, but i have some Khorne and Slaanesh models (Nurgle models thus far are reserved for WH40k, go deathguard!). I considered turning the Tyrant into a Daemon prince. As bug-like as it is, i would think Nurgle at first... but it isn't really rotten... So it must become a Tzeentch Daemon prince. But the logistics of trying to make this thing work, and fit on a base smaller than the original model was intended for, is a bit strange.

I've seen the Daemonhunters site on GW's page and saw the daemon adversaries they have there, that's where i got the idea for using it as a daemon prince, however i'm just not sure how i'm going to go about it. Any thoughts or hints would be welcome.

·
Registered
699 Posts
but you can make the base larger but not smaller.. :D

i think it would look cool with alot of chaos marks on it etc. bring pics!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not trying to change your mind but why let the tyrant go to waste on a demon prince, use magnets and pu the tyrant together that way you never have to be stuck with one hive t. and can have like 3 different ones.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get some pics up when i've got it ready.

Age, i'm not going to make it into a Tyrant because i don't play Tyranids, i don't have anything else for tyranids except for a few old 2nd edition bits floating around my bits box. I also have the model, so i want to get some use out of it, i don't have daemon princes, and don't want to spend an exhorbitant amount (as i'm likely to order about 50 dollars worth of flamers to help round off this army).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds interesting.. sculpt the mark of your chosen god into the back of it, do a head swap and give it an axe/sword and yeah.. it should look allright

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've decided that i'm going to make one daemon prince out of it, and the rest will go towards other conversions. If it all works out as planned, i'll not only have a Daemon Prince of Nurgle, but also a good start on a Keeper of Secrets (i'm not terribly fond of the fifty dollar keeper of secrets model... i love the Forgeworld one, but its way too expensive for me).

Fundamentally, i'm planning on taking the chitinous upper torso of the Hive tyrant, smoothing the top out to look more like a robe (the chimney's will still be there, poking through the fabric, perhaps slightly greenstuffed to smooth it out and make it look somwehat similar to the chimney's on Typhus's armor). Add the Gorger head with the distended mouth, make a hood to go over it, use the bone sword as the blade of a scythe, and add the archive zombie dragon wings (i'm stripping the paint off of an old pair now) on its back. Hopefully this will all work out, and if i actually go through with it, i'll post pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts