12x Executioners

Executioners- 144 pts
Draich-master
12x Executioners

Rare

2x Repeaters- 200 pts

1740 pts

wallah
i need magic stuff but i dont know whatto equip a sorceress with... :wacko: theres loads of magic items... i am a n00b
any other improvements/jeers/comments welcome

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well I would suggest the Wand of Kharaidon (bound spell) the Darkstar Cloak (extra power dice :shifty: ) and the Tome of Furion as being good items. However seeing as you only have about 200+ points you are maybe better off trying to get magic defense...although I would suggest getting rid of a unit (maybe one of those units of executioners) to get some offensive magic (I normally have 2 lvl 2 Sorceresses with a dispel scroll, the Wand of Kharaidon and the Darkstar cloak which gives me 7 power dice and a bound spell. However it only leaves me 4 dispel dice and 1 dispel scroll...). Anyway, I am wondering why you have 2 units of executioners...but then again I am also relatively inexperienced with Dark Elves myself...
Just so you know, the Gauntlet of power is one-handed so you can give your highborn a shield too :yes: . Another thing, you have given your cold one knights full command which is in my opinion unnecessary. I would remove the Dread Knight and instead (paying 6 points extra :O ) take the war banner for your standard bearer (it will help a lot with breaking units).
I hope that was of some help....your list is looking very similar to mine by the way :shifty: (just without the sorceresses..).

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man
a few tweeks to do
but

how much is a shield?
what does the tomb of furion do?
i dont have the army book yet :(

·
Registered
482 Posts
lol ok, well a shield costs 3pts for a highborn, and the tome of furion allows the cast to select an extra spell (and by select I don't mean choose, they just get an extra spell) and it costs 15pts. I hope that helps :shifty:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Buy the army book first before you get any models, I always work out a rough army list- and if you play friendly games not in GW, use "representation" models to get a feel for an army.

20 Corsairs unless you ebay it will set you back a lot of money, 20 spears is a better buy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MrPink said:
20 Corsairs unless you ebay it will set you back a lot of money, 20 spears is a better buy.
And that is the only reason why there are none in my army...I was very dissapointed to get the rulebook, make a list, then go to GW to plan what to buy to find out that Dark Elf Warriors are the ONLY plastic models (as far as I could see anyway...). I wasn't happy :(
I also use represention models when playing a new army with my friends not in GW. That way I do not spend a ridiculus amount of money on an army that I now realise I do not want to play any more :wacko:

·
Registered
324 Posts
well but you can't deny the awesomeness of those models. And it's really too bad, because they are by far the best block unit in the game. a 4+ armor save against missiles? two attacks? and they can take a magic banner too? where do I sign up? oh wait, right there where it says 40 USD for 10......

the dark elf spear men with shields cost the same as them too (points) so except for that money there is no reason to not use them in your army.

I would go with some defensive magic, it looks like your army will do well enough on it's own just so long as the enemy doesn't blast it with magic.

·
Registered
482 Posts
tojo said:
the dark elf spear men with shields cost the same as them too (points) so except for that money there is no reason to not use them in your army.
Actually no they don't. Maybe you have an old army book or have not seen the revision of the list? Dark Elf Spearmen (with shields) costs 2 points less than a corsair. They lowered the price (points) of Spearmen I believe :yes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
actually, yeah, I just noticed that. I was looking at the unupdated one, sorry about that. I still like corsairs a lot, but now I rememebr the reason that anyone ever takes warriors!

although this will make my army more expensive now..... got some points to spend!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tojo said:
well but you can't deny the awesomeness of those models. And it's really too bad, because they are by far the best block unit in the game. a 4+ armor save against missiles? two attacks? and they can take a magic banner too? where do I sign up? oh wait, right there where it says 40 USD for 10......
LMAO haha

how about converting your own corsairs?
all i would need was many many... many hand weapons from somewhere.. and maybe some green stuff for cloaks
it might be a struggle but it would be worth it for the ammount of money saved... maybe

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Highborn- 249 pts
Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Gauntlet of Power, Enchanted Shield, Cold One

Sorceress- 170pts
2nd Level, Wand Of The Kharaidon

Sorceress- 175pts
2nd Level, Dispel Scroll, Darkstar Cloak

Core

20 Warriors- 185pts
Shields, Spears, Full Command

12 Warriors- 144 points
Shields, Repeater Crossbows

12 Warriors- 144 points

5 Dark Riders- 120 pts
Repeater Crossbows

5 Dark Riders- 120 pts
Repeater Crossbows

Special

5 Cold One Knights- 188 pts
Standard Bearer, War Banner

5 Shades- 70 pts

12 Executioners- 144 pts
Draich-master

Rare

Repeater- 100 pts

Repeater- 100 pts

1889 pts

the all time greatest list of all time from the very earth!!

a spare 111pts after i shuffled a few things around like changing the corsairs for some warriors (cheaper models) :sleep:

·
Registered
482 Posts
"although this will make my army more expensive now..... got some points to spend!" - tojo

Good! That's what I like to hear!

As for your army list....Good! It is almost the exact same as my list (which, of course, automatically makes it good :shifty: ). I would recommend giving your Dark Riders Musicians, that way when/if they flee from a charge (which could potentially mean another turn of shooting at the unit or a charge on your part) they will have a good chance of rallying (at Ld9...). Also, a unit of 5 harpies could be handy for march blocking and/or mage hunting and/or war machine hunting. They will probably work well with the shades. They just aren't great against fear causing armies....:( .

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Highborn- 249 pts
Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Gauntlet of Power, Enchanted Shield, Cold One

Sorceress- 170pts
2nd Level, Wand Of The Kharaidon

Sorceress- 175pts
2nd Level, Dispel Scroll, Darkstar Cloak

Core

20 Warriors- 185pts
Shields, Spears, Full Command

12 Warriors- 144 points

12 Warriors- 144 points

5 Dark Riders- 127 pts
Repeater Crossbows, musician

5 Dark Riders- 127 pts
Repeater Crossbows, musician

Special

5 Cold One Knights- 188 pts
Standard Bearer, War Banner

5 Shades- 70 pts

5 Harpies- 65pts

12 Executioners- 144 pts
Draich-master

Rare

Repeater- 100 pts

Repeater- 100 pts

1968 pts

ive made the changes you said
still got a spare 32pts to spend on something... hmmmm....

is it worth just getting some champions etc for units like the cold ones and dark riders or should i cut some points elsewhere and try to fit in another squad?

·
stupidity just kicked in!
812 Posts
for 32pts?... nah... replace the enchanted shield with mystic shield of light if you want... grants you a 5+ward.
Or give your sorceresses dark steeds... makes range of spells less of an issue and give you rexecutioners a musician.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The only problem with taking steeds is you only have 3 units that the sorceresses will be safe next to, as your opponents will be able to target them a lot easier....but if you are careful (and sneaky :shifty: ) that won't be a problem...I agree that a 5+ ward save would be nice....but he does have a pretty good normal armour save anyway, so maybe an extra attack would be more helpful? (but then again, if the highborn is killed that is a lot of victory points....and even more if he is killed and has a 5+ ward save because the item is more expensive! AHH!). Hmm....well that sure escalated fast.....
I think either of those things would be a good plan of action. Yes. Good. Plan.
Well. Whatever.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Captain.Snowball said:
You could always try searching the forums for this question, it has just recently arisen again. Please ry to do this before asking questions.

KU
what question?... :|

1 - 17 of 17 Posts