Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this question will be answerd because of the fact that this is not the most active forum. My question is if you belive u realy can u the CD heros Ld for hobgoblins? woulndt it mean they are kinda broken at 4 pts 4+ armour and 10 leader ship?
I also wonder if u who play Cd have problems with other players about rules and stuff or if ure allowed to play CD in your local store?

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
i hope this question will be answerd because of the fact that this is not the most active forum. My question is if you belive u realy can u the CD heros Ld for hobgoblins? woulndt it mean they are kinda broken at 4 pts 4+ armour and 10 leader ship?
I also wonder if u who play Cd have problems with other players about rules and stuff or if ure allowed to play CD in your local store?
YES, you can use your general's leadership. A sorceror lord is ld 10 too. HG are cheap, but not broken. They still have to test for animosity. Bull Centaur heroes are also awesome. The blunderbuss sounds good, but isn't as good on the field. There are a few rules that are outdated (animosity and unit size/strength rules) but most people don't care. They are fun to play and very different/challenging. I think they are a decent list. It's too bad someone at GW doesn't sit down for a couple of hours and figure out how to update the rules just a tad, then they would be very viable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wow that went fast :?thanks for ur reply
i live in sweden and in my local store u kinda neverd heard of chaos dwarfs, so im a bit worried about starting an army without knowing if im able to use it, is there any one who owns CD that know if there is problems with playing at ur local stores?

the animosity. in the pdf it says only 1 is squable but not anything about whaaag
but in the direwolf FAQ it says to use the new rules for animosoty for goblins, what do u play with?
was this faq realeased before the pdf or is the faq on the pdf im confused ^^

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would say for you to go down to your store and ask. Ask the people there if they would rather you use the rules (animosity) listed, or the updated ones (in O&G book). Just talk to them in general about using/starting the army.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
CD are a legit army and GW even recognizes them in their tournies. They just don't happen to have a current line of models (easy to fix customs are usually necessary)

I don't know what kind of store you play at, but You can print the rules out on 2 pieces of paper. Direwolf isn't the law, so I usually ask my opponent which rules he wants me to follow before getting started playing.

CD sorceror lord with 3 power stones and a scroll
CD sorceror with power stone and scroll
BSB Bull Centaur
Bull Centarur hero
one with armor of 1+, great weapon
one with gauntlets of Gazrahk, sword of might, shield, heavy armor.

I think that's how I played them. Toughest set of characters I've ever played. Great Stats all around.

·
Registered
159 Posts
We just finish up a league at the store with about 12 players and nobody said anything about playing them. It was a new army for most players to see and play. there are a fair amount of wood elf players at the store so I took the chaos lord with the black hammer alot of treemen slain by him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
http://xandor.ca/hoh/RaveningHordesErrata1.jpg
This link should help you. This was scanned out of an older WD, one in either 251,252, or 253 somewhere. Though this is for the previous Orc warbook, I bet you they are still legal for the new one.
According to that, you use animosity rules from the Orc and Gobbo warbook. It also adds other units for use.
Welcome to Chaos Dwarfs Online is a good website for Chaos Dwarf new people.

Edit-Got the WD editions wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts