Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been boggling my mind about this but, which psyhic power should i get, holocost or the scourging for my grandmaster? I like the scouring for the fact that i can nail some people on the turn i deepstrike, but it wont be of much use after that. The holocost power however can be used in conjunction with my other attacks (which i have gotten up to 6 on the charge due to the fact that i have given him an extra power weapon which i can give him by the way) but i will hit his retinue with the ordinace template (if i am wrong about this please tell me) since the rules do say that all models under the template are hit. Which would you go with?

·
Registered
209 Posts
dont use either, use hammerhand making your strength even higher on top of having the power weapon,it willhelp you take down the biggies big time and it is good to have for the rest of the game as long as you deepstrike ready for combat. die avatar!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Your correct, the need for tank killing power is more important to the grand master than the added attacks. Scourging is ok if you dont have the guns but GK termies arnt realy for shooting. Holocaust is great if your fighting guard, orks, nids or eldar.......as long as they dont have any tanks.........so just nids then. Dont worry about the blast as the GK termi armour will (hopfully) stand up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can't use hammerhand on top of a power weapon, while using hammerhand you can't benefit from any other weapons. So you will be St 8 and count as having two cc wapons, but opponents get armor saves as normal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most of the time, holocaust wont affect your other termies as you can put the ordanance blast marker anywhere as long as it touches the model whos casting it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i would go with the holocuast because even if u hit ur men it isn't likely that it will do any damage to them because of their 2+ armour save. But dont play around with fate, try to poistion the templete so as few as your guys get hit

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by Grandmaster Arjoe@Nov 15 2003, 07:21
Yeh go with hammer hand makes you strengh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
:p :p :p I took down a baneblade with my stern using hammerhand :p :p :p
it only makes your str 8 because you can't use any other weapons with it, so no NFW

·
Registered
878 Posts
It makes you S10 because it's his GRANDMASTER, with a basic S5. I'd take scourging. I always get 6s, though, so maybe I'm biased.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Whups, I was looking at BS and WS. Darn stupid eyes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I must admitt, its a hard one alright, but personally i take scourging, for the simple fact that my GK termies dont do that much in shooting, and i get to use that, and if i roll a 6 for the assualt d6 it really does yer proud.

Then again tho, after you have had a big close combat fight, i suppose holocaust is amazing at cleaning up the rest of the men you are in combat with. But its more than liekly gonna hit your men aswell, and don't you just know you'll roll at least a 1 on one dice, sheesh, i'd cry :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'v always been a little confused on holocaust, Does it go instead of your weapon or after? (I'm sure i'v just stupidly overlooked something here :( )

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It goes after, you can get your attacks and still use it

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont worry el =) im always making dumb mistakes with my grey knights, hehe. but holocaust goes off at initiative 1 so what happens is, you go and do your close combat, and then at the end of combat holocaust goes off, just take your psychic test and boom there you go. also if you give your grey knight terminators and your grand master holocaust you can have it go off twice, so if you have a grandmaster with holocaust and a retinue , your going to get a total of 2 holocuasts templates going . hey how cool is that? hehe, and just to back up my ridiculus claim you can find information detailing it if you go to the games workshop site, look under daemon hunters then look under faqs its very cool! and not only that but holocaust will always go before powerfist people becuase it goes off at ini 1. it can be a very handy tool i always take it with my grandmaster, well depending on the army im playing against, against nids, it is extremely effective, i take a dreadnaught with tank bustin power to take care of that threat, twin linked lascannon can be viscous! well thats all i got =) good luck! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hehe, cool, but i'm just gonna correct yea on that, You only get one holocaust template if you take it for your termies, The power is channeled through the leader of the squad so the BC or the GM. :)
You could get up to two however, take one for the GM, take one for the Termies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I lilke Scourging myself. I like the ability to hammer from a distance, soften up the target then close for the whoopin....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.