Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen it?? it is amazing. you can take 3 commisars as one squad as an eltie choice and they can roam around by themselves. any squad they join becomes fearless. oh yu guys need some help ok ill over there...now yur fearless :eek:

oh man...this is gonna hurt.

i only got a chance to glance at it but does anyone else knwo wat they are doing wiht anything else? are they changing the options in say an infantry platoon or anythign liek that...?

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
When did they "scrap" the new vehicle rules? I'm usually pretty up to date on these kind of things and I haven't heard anything about it.

Also, if the commissars lost an attack, then had to have come down in point costs, right? If they didn't, then I'm going to be using commissars in this edition about as much as I did in the old edition: never.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the new Codex....I bought the Army Box ($200). The codex is really cool, but a little confusing (only cause Im kinda new to the game). If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.....but dont go nuts! LOL
:D

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Ok, I have a couple of questions:

1) I hear you can have a squad of 10 Ogryn now, true? If so, how many can you plop into a chimera now?

2) Are commissars any cheaper?

3) If I take the grenadiers option and the carapace armor, do I have to spend 20 points on the Storm Trooper squads that already have a 4+ save?

4) Is there any mention of armored companies in this dex?

Also, don't drop any specifics, I'm just wondering about vague stuff here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Answers to your questions :

1) It is said in codex that a chimera = 12 seats for (normal) guards. It is also said that an ogryn = 2 guards (on a space occupation point of view), so, maximum 6 ogryns in a chimera.

2)Commissars are still 40pts each, but unfortunately, they have now 2 attacks in their profile instead of 3 :(

3)For the carapace armor option, it is 20pts per squad and you decide to how many squads you want to give the option. So if you want to give the carapace option to only 3 of you 6 squads, for instance, it works. You'll pay then 60pts in total. It is not (unfortunately again) 20pts for your entire infantry/army :(

4) If I read well, no mention of armored company.

That's all for now

Kryss

·
Registered
857 Posts
I personally love the Codex: Catachans. Rules like "oops, sorry sir!" add flavor to the game! Never liked Comissars anyway! Do they still have the rule wherein if they join a squad which falls back, they kill the leader?

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I used to NEVER use commissar's, but since they can be put anywhere now, I'll probably toss one in with my squad of 4 Ogryn and their Bonehead leader. Especially since it looks like my current guard army will actually cost less points to field in the current codex.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by H0urg1ass@Sep 10 2003, 12:34
I used to NEVER use commissar's, but since they can be put anywhere now, I'll probably toss one in with my squad of 4 Ogryn and their Bonehead leader. Especially since it looks like my current guard army will actually cost less points to field in the current codex.
An Ogryn Squad led by a Bone 'Ead with a Commsar has a leadership of 10. Leadership was always a problem with the old Guard Codex, but now thanks to this (and the almighty Master Vox) I almost never face a leadership problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone clarify this:

Special equipment must be applied to all guard infantry, while skills and drills only need to be taken for a unit if you want to?

ps. This "guard infantry" does not include stormtroopers, for those asking about buying the armour again for no benefit.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's for your own good! Oops, sorry, sir! Man, now I KNOW which army I'm collecting after I finish my Necrons. I love the little rules that add flavor- like "Death or Glory!" Have tank-shocked Grots leap out of the way, while one bravely faces up to the charging tank... and it has been given Krak grenades, rolls a six for armor penetration, that would glance on some weaker tanks, right? Roll a six on the table... one dead tank... and you win by default as your opponent dies of laughter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.