Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25237

Damn, those Vostroyans look ace:yes:(Y) . Making me want to expand my IG army. The tyranids are...meh...ok, but nothing fantastic.

But boy, does the Vostroyans looks good

NOTE: wooden lasguns :huh: ,and also a wooden melta/flamer - very approapriate GW:hmm:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Um. . . wierd. . . Looks like they got rid of the Biovore's massive ballsack, but. . . it looks like it's clutching its boobs, now. :blink:

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Very gothic. I like.

Some people seem to think that the hats and longer lasguns are over the top, but i'm glad GW is making a strong movement to diversify the armies available to the Guard, arguably the most diverse army of all.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love that wooden flamer :yes:

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Holy

Hell

Those IG's are entirely kick ass. I guess my 15k worth of IG will be expanding to around 18k by the end of the summer. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

GW, you've done it again, your models are freaking awesome. (Y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, the guard look nice. Really nice. The guns are probably the ugliest ever, but the rest of em is just great. The look on these reminds me of some 2nd edit. rulebook pics, so they bring back some golden memories...

Aaah...2nd edit. the golden age when Stormboyz were young orks who rebelled against their elders by fighting in an orderly fashion. Those where the days...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i agree that they look good, but as said above the hats are too big and kinda spoil it.. if i was a IG player i would buy those new models and put different heads on them, maybe cadian or mordian. then they would look great.

i think the lictor looks alot better without the pointy face

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
I LOVE those big poofy hats. They are so perfect for the winter army theme, I sure won't be replacing the heads. In fact, I would have to say that these models come the closest to being perfect that I've seen in a long time.

All of the models are full of character and life unlike the cookie cutter cadians who all look like they rolled off of the same assembly line no matter how you pose them or place them.

I agree with most people here though, the Nids are ok but not exceptional. I actually still like the old Lictor a little better.

·
Registered
598 Posts
H0urg1ass said:
I LOVE those big poofy hats. They are so perfect for the winter army theme, I sure won't be replacing the heads. In fact, I would have to say that these models come the closest to being perfect that I've seen in a long time.

All of the models are full of character and life unlike the cookie cutter cadians who all look like they rolled off of the same assembly line no matter how you pose them or place them.

I agree with most people here though, the Nids are ok but not exceptional. I actually still like the old Lictor a little better.
I agree, they look like the best parts of most of the IG sets (Except catachans, because there's nothing good about catachans) they've got steel legion masks, valhallan coats, cadian equipment, and a load of their own unique stuff... and it looks good :yes:

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
they look great, very theme-ish (which I love)
but I'm still not sure if they're metal or plastic, I'd get a box or two if they're plastic but not if they're metal - I hate metal

242 Posts
Look at that officer in the command unit.
That chainsword over his shoulder begs for conversions!

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
I love them!
Great work GW, they are finally bringing back the feeling from the 2ed minis in to the new ones!
Awsome!!
And I think they are metall, at least the heavy weapons, special weapons and officers.
I think they come in boxes of 10 models with 1 sarg, 1 heavy weapon and 1 special weapon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I can't say I've any real interest in getting any of these guys, but the lasguns look great and that Vostie medic is phenomenal.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts