Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a unit with holy rage i.e. repentia or flagellants, be transported? The "holy rage" rule states they must move their max movement + D6", yet there is no rule about whether or not they can be transported. And yes you can have a transport available for them. A space marine taking WH allies, can provide a land raider, for example.

I seriously doubt it, but there could be an argument that the +D6 movement applies to the transport they are in. At least, to one crazy gamer in our store.

Opinions? Finding of facts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
well for the sisters repentia model it says last paragraph, last sentence of their weapons upgrades available "...may never be transported". sooooooo yea....

as for otehr models with holy rage, acro-s have dangerous to know, which basically says they cant be transported. the only other model i think with the holy rage rule is penitent engines.....and they are essentially walkers.

so basically regardless of fluff or arguments....holy raged units cant be in vechiles.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Both Repentia and Arco Flagellants have a special unit rule that forbids them from being inside of a transport.

As far as some hypothetical transported unit, the transport is still a separate unit. It does not become part of the unit it is transporting, so it only uses its own rules. In addition, as per main rulebook FAQ, units that are off-table because they are in a transport cannot use special rules.

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Can a unit with holy rage i.e. repentia or flagellants, be transported? The "holy rage" rule states they must move their max movement + D6", yet there is no rule about whether or not they can be transported. And yes you can have a transport available for them. A space marine taking WH allies, can provide a land raider, for example.

I seriously doubt it, but there could be an argument that the +D6 movement applies to the transport they are in. At least, to one crazy gamer in our store.

Opinions? Finding of facts?
Well, Repentia and Arcos both have rules that say they can't be put in vehicles, and Land Raiders, etc simply can't transport other vehicles, except possibly the IG Cyclops, so offically, no.
In theory, since certain vehicles are capable of transporting other vehicles (take thunderhawks or valkyries for instance), if you created some kind of custom treaded cathedral thing like the one in the WH codex, or whatever else comes to mind, you could have Penitent Engines start the game inside it. Don't expect them to come back though, since once they're out you lose control of them.

I see no proof of it. It only affects the model, not some transport that model may be inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.