Librarium Online Forums banner

Honour Guard Help!

836 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Sister Bluebird 
#1 ·
I'm making an Honour Guard unit for my custom chapter, the Brotherhood of Steel (yes, based off the same guys from the Fallout series) and I need an Honour Guard unit. I'm making it out of various Space Marine models I like, so far I have last years Games Day model, the guy with the thunder hammer, for my Chapter Champion, and also the Emperor's Champion because he's cool and he can count as having a relic blade.
Anyway, my question is thus: does anyone have any good ideas for a Chapter Standard Bearer? I don't want to use the one in the Marneus Calgar box because thats an expensive option and, even though they're very nice models, they're covered in Ultramarines heraldry. It looks like I'll have to convert him, so does anyone have any suggestions where to start?

#2 ·
Here's an idea to things going. Your Chapter is Brotherhood of Steel, so why not have the banner actually MADE from steel? Instead of the usual banner that flutters (correct word?) in the wind, you can have a Space Marine pushing or lifting a huge block of "steel" with their designs laser inscribed.

#4 ·
The Command Squad boxset comes with a banner bearer. With a little converting you could turn him into an honor guard marine. Plus you have access to all the other members of the command squad sprue: company champion, apothecary, some heavy weapons, and TONS of extra wargear.

#5 · (Edited)
The assault on blackreach space marine captain option comes with a banner for the space marine captain.

The captain himself would make an okay honor guard as their are no distinctive marks indicating he'd a captain. (Though honestly I'd think you better off using more unique units.)

However, he does come with a banner pole attached to his standard marine backpack, meaning you can slap it on any marine that uses a pack (IE all except jump... terminator... uh... =.=))

#8 ·
Theres are all good ideas, thanks!
Tho I really like the one about carrying a steel block...maybe my chapter banner could be a marble statue or something cool like that?

#9 ·
for my honour guard squad i got the normal honour guard models off of ebay, i used just like you the games day model with a thunder hammer for the chapter champion and finally fleshed out the squad with some grey knights the squad looks slightly mixed but nothing a good paintjob cant fix

#10 ·
I like your idea of using unique SM models for this squad - after all this is a squad of pretty unique and all-around-badass individuals.

For the Standard Bearer...you could possibly use a backpack-standard (you know, the one's that designate Sergeants and whatnot) and convert it to be handheld (cut off a pistol from a pistol hand, glue banner in place of pistol, done); then your possibilities are limited only by what you want to do because the rest of the marine can be and look like anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.