Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow beasties, I'm absolutely head over hooves about Beastmen. In fact, I think they are my favorite army, wich is why with the new release coming out my wishlist is huge!

So huge infact that I couldn't possibly afford it all( not upon release anyway, I literally want everything) so I've come to you guys for some friendly advice. What should I buy?

Now keep in mind, I already own 12 gor, 8 ungor, 22 Khornegor, 2 chariots, 1 wargor, 10 Hounds, and 2 spawn and my budget is going to be about $120.00 for models.

Suggestions are more than welcome, I really can't choose. In advance, Thanks amillion.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey there. Although the new codex is not out yet, it gives a strong nudge towards the new rare choices which can be made from the Giant box set. I know here in Canada it costs $55, I'm not sure where you are from, but it will cost less. If your into magic, then pick up a few bray shamans, or convert them from the Gor box like I intend to. Also for your spawns, there is a new Hero that converts your infantry guys into spawns on a roll of +3. I am not sure if their is a model for him, but he can be converted too.

I know I am going to pick up a box of Ungors (so I can make my old 8 pair up with two of the new ones and make a small 10 man unit and use the other 8 as raiders), A giant and maybe a box of Minos. I have herd that the new Razorgor is even better then the minos, but I don't really like the mini and its $40 for a metal figure. I intend to convert mine out of something else.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, quick question though. What is made from the giant set? and how?

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
I think TT is referring to a giant Cyclops. So a giant box and making his head have 1 eye would work i guess.
Cygor is the name (not really sure)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, the Cygor is the first thing I am getting becuase he is very good vs. Magic heavy/undead armies and that sums up every list all my friends use.

For making the rares, The Chaos Giant and the Cygor can both be made from the Giant kit. I was going to carve out the eyes of the giant and replace them with the large single eye ball from the Spawn box. Then using some grean stuff, I was going to give him patches of furr on parts of his legs/arms/chin to make him more hairy. when you use the giant kit, there is alos an option for hoof feat, put thoes on him to make him more beast-like.

As for the Ghorghon, it is just a very, very,very large Minotaur. Giant sized to be exact. It would be borderline impossible to make one of these guys that actually looks like the picture in the codex (Unless you have the old Chaos Dwarf Tarnnus mount and cut off his head.) If you wanted to have one of these just make your giant very grizzle/beast looking and he could be passed off.

Next, the Jabberslyth (a warhammer version of the Jabberwocky, from this old poem Jabberwocky)
In D&D I have a epic awesome history with this guy and was tickled to hear he made it into the codex. Sadly, (well to just me) Is that the Jabberslyth destroys armies that are not immune to psychology. On the sad part for me, that is all the armies I normally play against. To make this guy, I would go look at the online store and buy one of the old metal dragons, drakes or wyverns that are sold separately and give him a eye catching color scheme. I think I am going to use the Nightmare Dragon model. The older the miniature you use is more then likely to be even more wacky and will wit with the theme of this crazy beast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts