Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there dear LOers!

I am about halfway through painting my pureblood warpwolf (one of the nicest models ever... howl!), and thought you might enjoy a sneak peak.

Thus far, only the skin, fur and leathers are finished, although I suspect I need to go back and put in a little more work on the leathers, as they are a little dull.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism for this guy, and I know a few people are waiting to see pics...

So, without further ado:

You can also see pics of my other beasts, as well as some small units (mostly made of sticks or stones) in my Circle blog, over *here*

Cheers in advance for the comments, guys!

-t.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I have to say it looks great so far.
Although as you said the leathers look dull. Perhaps you should do them darker to contrast the skin and the hair. At the moment in my opinion the model looks all much the same without difference. Lightening the hair or darkening the leathers, or darkening the hair and lightening the leathers could do well

Apart from that well done :happy:

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Looks very nice, it's coming together well.

You know about the leather, so I'll leave you to that.

The skin, though: I don't know if it's just the camera or my monitor, but he looks a little drab, as opposed to the striking white akin and fur in the book. Another layer of progressive highlighting up to white might help.

Just a suggestion.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Nice model mate.

I think the skin could use a bit of work as I noticed that one of the shoulders and on a few other spots, the layering is quite severe. I think its his left shoulder. Your layers don't quite match up to the muscle's on the miniature.

I like the hair, but it might be nice to add just a touch of an even lighter colour right on the edges/tips or something, just to make it pop.

Its hard to comment on anything else, without seeing the rest of the colours down.

Looking good now though mate, keep it up :)

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
It's very nice but the skin could use some smoothness; the jump from light to dark is either too sudden or too great. It's nice either way but why stop at nice?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Hey t, wondering what mega pixels your camera is?

And apologies for being rude, but the model does look nice, did you buy your skills cos I'd like to put some on lay-away if I can please mr t.

·
Nightlord
1,795 Posts
I would say that your transitions from dark light on your skin is a bit sharp. It ends up looking like harsh creases or folds rather than bulging muscles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts