Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally finished the blighter!
A few busy week-nights really took the wind out of my sails when it came to getting this beautiful, wolfy monster finished, but he is finally complete!

Much better pictures this time around, too.

I'm pretty happy with him, although these photos were taken before he was dullcoted, so he is a little glossy in them.

In terms of size, this model is slightly taller than a carnifex, but less long, as it were. He is made by Privateer Press, from the game Hordes, and he is a Pureblood Warpwolf from the Circle Oroboros faction...

As always, comments and criticism welcome!

-t.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
He's looking a bit smoother than he was but I would still argue that an extra layer would have been nice, too late now though.
I like him but feel compelled to ask what the red dots are all about?

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The red dots show where the front (and, I suppose, rear) 180? arcs are, as they are fairly important in the game, and having them marked makes life much easier for both you, and your opponent.

Cunning, huh?

-t.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
The red dots show where the front (and, I suppose, rear) 180? arcs are, as they are fairly important in the game, and having them marked makes life much easier for both you, and your opponent.

Cunning, huh?

-t.
It's funny, as I'm planning to pick up my first PP models ever this weekend (Cygnar battle box FTW!), I've been wondering how people usually mark their arcs like that. You'd think the bases would be built with little notches or tabe or something. Is what you did common?

BTW, nice job on wolfie. He's looking good! The metal on the plate is a nice contrast to the organic, earthy tones. Well done!

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Yeah, the dots idea is awesome! I'm going to do this on mine from now on. I've been searching for a way to mark front and back arcs that you really can't see when you look at the model. Thanks minus!

Good looking warpwolf too mate! ;Y

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers very much for the comments guys, much appreciated.

The dots seems to be a fairly common thing, though many people do lines, colour the front half of the base etc etc.
I wanted something a little less 'in-your-face', but still easy to use in a gaming situation.

@Toon, the shading on the skin (which is pretty much all I had finished last time, I think) has remained pretty much the same, although these photos are significantly better than the previous ones (I actually spent time levelling and balancing them etc).

@xbanditsx, the silver metallics are one of my favorite bits too, and were painted thus:
Basecoat Boltgun Metal
Glaze Regal Blue
Glaze 70/20/10 Regal Blue/Vallejo Grey-Green/Black
Glaze 30/10/60 Regal Blue/Vallejo Grey-Green/Black
Paint raised areas Boltgun Metal
Highlight raised areas 60/40 Boltgun Metal/Mithril Silver
Highlight raised areas 20/80 Boltgun Metal/Mithril Silver

It's good to see people getting into PP, and it's somewhat cool to think I inspired a few people to try them.
Though I must say, I think Hordes is a much better game system than Warmachine. Fury > Focus.
0:

-t.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
I was actually going to comment you on your metals mate, they are smmoooooooooth. ;)

I am going writing down the recipe right after writing this post.

I don't normally give rep, but your going to get some for this model and the tip about the matte medium on Canew's thread.

On a different note, I do feel that your skin highlights are not up to the standards of the metals. Still better than I could manage and way more than tabletop quality. But when comparing the two, the skin loses out I feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.