Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, Hordes of Chaos are now dead (it's official !).

The Warriors of Chaos List has been published in the June edition of White Dwarf 2008. I have posted some more details here:-

http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/search/label/Zzz..%20GW%20news

The main difference is the loss of Daemons and the reduction in points value for some key units (ie Warriors and Knights). I think there might be fewer tactical options open to the Warriors of Chaos now but... the Hellcannon does make a welcome return :)

·
Relive Revive Return
340 Posts
Hmm seems like a good time for me to start a chaos warhammer army. Although i hope they have something more to make up for the daemons that are being lost. I always loved the warrior models and now this is the excuse i need to get me some. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Soul Reap: This is just a tide me over release, Mortals will be getting some new models and army book at the end of the year.
The normal Warriors will be kept though (as I expect will Marauders) so you could always make a start early ;)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Thanks for this, just need to get hold of the update now... as soon as anyone gets a link, let everyone know asap! :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
They only released the Army Book in White Dwarf because of the Daemons of Chaos Army Book, making the daemon rule in the Chaos hordes Army Book defective. I tis a shame that they did so, but White Dwarf did say in the same issue, they are currently writing a new Hordes of Chaos Army Book, but because they released a Daemon book, this one is going to be for the mortal devotees of the dark gods.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Im just really hoping that i can still use my daemon + beastmen models SOMEHOW in the new edition of chaos warriors, im not interested in multiple armies but dont want to waste my well painted and awesome looking daemon + beast models.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im just really hoping that i can still use my daemon + beastmen models SOMEHOW in the new edition of chaos warriors, im not interested in multiple armies but dont want to waste my well painted and awesome looking daemon + beast models.
Probably can, but, if GW does another Hordes of Chaos Army Book because of the Daemons, theres a chance they'd do the same for the Beastmen.

·
Registered
343 Posts
And I get the feeling you will wish you had not when the mrtals book comes out. Meh.
...plus a second time in ten years when GW publishes rules to mix them in standard Warhammer games again. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts