Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on trying the Horn of Kygor out next game. If my stupid/stubborn scar vet refuses a challenge and gets retired to a back rank, would his unit of foot saurus be affected by either of these rules?

·
Registered
168 Posts
No. The horn makes cavalry stubborn. Meaning the unit would be using the character on a cold one's unmodified leadership. If the character refuses a challenge and is moved to the back rank you cannot use his leadership.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please let us know how you go with it, i have been wanting to run a cavalry heavy list for a while but have yet to get around to it, any info on how well the horn performs would be great, ty

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I played the horn of kygor last week against an O&G army. I gave it to my Slann who was with his temple guard. On either side of the TG was a unit of spear saurus with a mounted scar vet in each providing the stubborn rule to them via the horn. My opponent charged his warboss / black orc unit into the spear saurus on the left, I held naturally. I was about to flank the black orcs with my center TG unit but I ended up getting held up by a pair of STONE TROLLS of all things for like 3 turns. My other block of saurus was fighting a large unit of big uns with a bsb and I had already commited my stegadon to my right flank. I think the O&G player scored a minor victory in the end thanks to those damn trolls. I must say the kygor list showed some potential but for what it gains in stability, it loses out in firepower. Next time I run it, I will be trying one less block of saurus in favour of a unit of cavalry with a scar vet. That being said, I wonder if its even worth the 100pts to make one unit of saurus stubborn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts