Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
heretical thoughts?
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this topic has been discussed before, and I just ralized that it may be worth considering...

I can't find anything in the rules about special conditions for if all the kroot carnivores die in a squad, but the hounds are still around. When i started thinking about it, I'd rather have hounds in cc than kroot.

but a few questions arise from this. if they don't have any kroot with them, do they keep any fof they might have gotten, or armour saves and ld?(if thats still an issue, cant remember..), and could they then sweeping advance? And if so, what about the release the hounds rule?

Thanks for any input on this issue.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I Think the kroot hounds have the same stat line as shown in the mercenaries list even if all the kroot are killed in the fight.
i think they still have the armor and ld as before.
I am not sure but i would think that they would in fact keep fleet of foot is all the kroot payed for it

·
LO Zealot
1,667 Posts
Good topic

Good to see someone actually writes a topic in here for a change.

As I see it Hounds are somehow like krootoxes on this one. They are both wild animals which only fights because the kroots makes them, as soon as the kroots are dead I'll say that the hounds run of into the jungle or whatever the terrain might be and should be removed from game. It also works quite good fluff-wise. Why should hounds fight in a way where they probably is scared to death of gunfire

·
heretical thoughts?
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because they are blood crazy killing machines!

But since it doesn't say anything in the rules, and in hound squads they arent wargear, id say they stay...just wouodnt be right if the those 20 hounds that you paid 120 pts for just vaished because you wanted to save them from the bolter fire so they would make it to cc...

And yea... this is one slow forum.... especially since almost half the topics are people wondering if kroot mercs are real or where their rules are....-_-

·
LO Zealot
1,667 Posts
I absolutely see your point and I really want them to stay, but could it be cool if they stay and have to charge the nearest opponent squad???

And for this going slow. It does so and yes many don't know about kroot or don't think that they should be an independent army.
But no matter what they say they are still my favorite army. I find them so cool and fun to collect. They have the coolest models IMO and you have to convert nearly every unit you have

·
heretical thoughts?
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe use tyranid instictive behavior rules? or maybe any shaper that can move his squad into cohenency with the stray hounds reaquires them in his squad? hmm something Like that sounds pretty good.

On the forum topic, there are a few of us who do keep things running by replying to ever post, even though there aren't alot.

·
LO Zealot
1,667 Posts
It could be a way to do it, and it could actually work.
To be honest I don't think that the guys at GW have thought about what happens when the kroots in a hound pack or the kroots which the hound is attach to dies

·
heretical thoughts?
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea thats true... But I think the ones for master shapers and maybe council shapers count as wargear and are removed like fenresian wolves or chaos hounds...

·
LO Zealot
1,667 Posts
I don't think so. I think I've mine just to move as an team themself and simply try to get the best out of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.