Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what did you think of it? i thought there wasnt enouhg 40k stuff in it, and frankly i dont care about warhammer fb

·
Registered
857 Posts
There's never enough 40k stuff! There should be two magazines: one for 40k and one for Fantasy. Still, I can't complain. They said they'd kill me if I did. I don't want this thread to degenerate into complaining about White Dwarf, so let it be known that if anyone posts a post here solely to complain about WD, we're going to have to lock this thread. I'm being monstrously hypocritical, but at least you're all warned. And hey, WD is WD, right?
Plus, I LOVE Kill Team. But there's no Sisters rules for it...
Wah.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Damn! Kill Team today SUCKED! I'm so poor I don't have any scouts, and I'm not gonna shuck $60 for 9 scouts I'm only gonna use once, so even though I won 5 games and lost 1, I had to use the GW's scouts, so I couldn't win. BTW, Deciever, why didn't you come to kill team?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Why? WHY?! ARGH! Does "eight-hour rehearsal" mean anything to you?!
Sorry, got carried away there.
Yes, I agree. WD neverhas enough, but let's NOT COMPLAIN. Or this topic will disappear like Michael Jackson's original nose.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that issue really turned my thoughts around about fb, those kislev guys look sweet

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
A forum without complaints? You wouldn't have much to moderate in a couple of days if peeps couldn't complain. ;) How about this: No non-constructive criticism? People who complain without any point don't do much for us here, but sometimes you have something legitimate that you can back up. I would hate to not be able to not be able to criticize at all. I mean, heck, I don't know about YOUR country, but mine is founded on free speech. :) You know, we really don't have to kiss GW's butt all the time here. If they are doing something we don't like, then we should be able to voice it, BUT it should be constructive and not just whining. Eh, just my educated opinion tho... heh.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, the whole point of WD really is to advertise their products WFB, and 40k..

Sure there are separate mags for Necromunda, BFG, Inquisitor, and alas, there also used to be one for Warhammer Quest which they discontinued.. :(
But of course they're gonna have more stuff about WFB, as I think it's their biggest selling game, and it's also their first product.

I tell you what I miss. I miss the codes underneath each mini at the back of the mag. Now I have to buy the damn catalogue to get them..

·
Registered
841 Posts
i think it all depends on the battle report on the reviews and which one it will be(40k or fantasy0 so basically
40k battle report: WD about 40 k and vica versa

·
Registered
24 Posts
i really like when they have battle reports with the same army against one another. its those that are most likely to be tension filled and can go either way.. it's more about tactics than anything.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am putting it into the hallowed "Holy" shrine in my room. It had 3 things.
1) Dark Elf add ons
2) Wood elf strategy
3) SWEET Kill team stuff.

Yah, at our GW, we had a REALLY convoluted inter-locking Kill Team game. My Striking Scorpions won in the end. :D Also, it was a really good way to introduce some new people, because all I had to add was, "In the normal game, you don't do this."

And, and and, we had this shweet 5-way scenario, complete with stealth kills. I showed those darn Mon-Keigh how to blow up a power node.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i dont like kill teams at all, so this wd wasnt that great. i thought the golden deamons figs where nice though

·
Registered
372 Posts
One problem i do have with WD is that they are biased in their battle reports towards the newer army. This does not happen all the time but when a new army is showcased in the mag they often do a battle report to show of the new minatures and their skills and it is these reports that are fixed.

Example: A few issues ago we saw the new guard army and it was showcased in a battle report against the ORKS.......now the orks where put in a possition that made it hard for them to win, but thats fair enough just to make the battle interesting. If you rad the battle their are a few sections that seem to have been contrived in the guards favour................they seem to win close combat alot, even against killerkans with aparent ease. If not saying that Im correct but it does seem highly suspisious.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by H0urg1ass@Nov 16 2003, 11:54
A forum without complaints? You wouldn't have much to moderate in a couple of days if peeps couldn't complain. ;) How about this: No non-constructive criticism? People who complain without any point don't do much for us here, but sometimes you have something legitimate that you can back up. I would hate to not be able to not be able to criticize at all. I mean, heck, I don't know about YOUR country, but mine is founded on free speech. :) You know, we really don't have to kiss GW's butt all the time here. If they are doing something we don't like, then we should be able to voice it, BUT it should be constructive and not just whining. Eh, just my educated opinion tho... heh.
Amen Brother H0urg1ass, how is GW ever going to fix there wrongs if no one ever lets them know about it. Hell we wouldn't have a 3rd edition 40k if everyone just accepted it as it was.

·
418 Posts
they dont always favor the new armies (it's what you said, but i'm gonna repeat it) the ork army in WD 285? (the nurgle tree in front) they only lost to the Cadians with the new impguard codex by 160 victory points. also, 1 or 2 issues before that the Beastmen lost their glorious first battle report with the new codex.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Did anyone else notice that the LATD list in the battle report was illegal. He included an allied CSM HQ choice (Chaos Lord) W/out using any LATD HQ choices of his own for the compulsory.

·
Registered
189 Posts
you sure he wasn't just using a chaos space marine as a champion or what ever they are called in LATD?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yah, the two LATD HQ choices are either 1-3 aspiring champions who must be assigned to squads, or an arch heretic (counts as a chaos lieutenant). The list said "chaos lord" which you can take in a LATD army, but as an ally and thus it can't be used to satisfy any mandatory HQ choices, and since that was the only HQ in the army it was illegal.

Actually i suppose that it was not. He could have just used an Arch Heretic and given him Demonic Essence.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Anyone remember the Daemonhunters WD? I can't remember it's number, but it was a fight between Ulthwe and DH with IG. DH won <_<

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.