1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000pts
Is there anyway I can Improve this?

Slann Mage Priest:
The Focused Rumination, The Harrowing Scrutiny, Cuped Hands of the Old Ones, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, Army Battle Standard.

Skink Priest on Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods:
Level 2 Wizard

Sauras Scar-Veteran:
Great Weapons, Hide of the Cold-Ones

18 Sauras Warriors:
Spears, Standard Bearer, Musician

11 Skink Skermishers

11 Skink Skermishers

14 Sauras Temple Guard: Standard Bearer, Musician

6 Terradons

3 Razordons

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The list is pretty solid. You should be quite competative with it.
A couple of things that will make it better:
- The slann doesn't need harrowing scrutiny, he's in a unit that is immume to psychology and stubborn.
- Instead take becalming cogitation. This is a fantastic ability. It will also go some way to making up for your lack of scrolls.
- I'd take salamanders ahead of razordons against every army except deamons and ogres.
- 6 terradons looks a bit ott. You may be better with two units of 3.

Anyway, what you have is a solid start. Tell us how you get on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i dnt need the Harrowing Scrutiny, would the 50pts not be better spent on 2 more sauras Warriors and 2 Temple Guard, i did feel that their ranks seemd thin. 56 point for (including spears) which would bring my list to exactly 2k.

I agree the Terradons should be split into 2 groups.

Why are Salamanders better than Razordons? If you can give a good reason it would help since i have a salamander and have not bought the razordons yet.

·
4,361 Posts
Slann Mage Priest: The Focused Rumination, The Harrowing Scrutiny, Cuped Hands of the Old Ones, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, Army Battle Standard.
I agree with getting rid of the harrowing scrutiny. Becalming cogitation is a good option. I am not a fan of the banehead either. I would add a scroll.

Skink Priest on Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods: Level 2 Wizard
Wardrums are a great item on this guy.

Sauras Scar-Veteran: Great Weapons, Hide of the Cold-Ones
Fine

18 Sauras Warriors: Spears, Standard Bearer, Musician
Get a champ to protect the vet. You can give up the SB and Musician.

11 Skink Skermishers

11 Skink Skermishers
You only need units of 10, so you can pick up a few points here.

14 Sauras Temple Guard: Standard Bearer, Musician
Good, though I really like the plaque of dominion.

6 Terradons
Yeah, two units of 3 would be better.

3 Razordons
Having played both, I am not a fan of either salamanders or razordons. I would use the points elsewhere.
Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I disagree with sirkently about salamanders. I always use them, and always would unless I knew in advance I was playing demons. The -3 to armour save is not to be underestimated. It means you are more likely to kill armoured models at st3 than the razordon at st4. Salamanders will on average get more hits on a target unit and dont have to roll to hit. Salamanders cause panic tests, this ability is awesome. I find people are terrified of my salamanders in my gaming group and will target them at the expense of going after the engine or the slann. They are also tough enough in combat to deal with many pesky enemy units like chaos spawn, light cavalry and most scouting troops.

Agree that you could drop the two extra skinks and bane head. This would give you enough for a scroll. Your saurus units are big enough. 18 is the perfect size for saurus with spears.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't take cupped hands and plaque of tepok on the same character. You can only have 1 non-common arcane item.

Since you're dropping the harrowing you could just take focus of mystery and put the plaque on the skink.

Keep banehead. Lore of death and metal are great when combined with banehead. Steal soul or rule of burning iron on a bsb or enemy wizard is one dead character in the first turn. Also according to the FAQ if you use cupped hands to redirect a miscast onto your banehead target the wound caused by said miscast deals 2 wounds to that character.

Why does everybody field saurus in units of 18? Do you guys do 3 ranks of 6?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ah yes, how did we miss this 2 arcane item build.
In terms of fixing it I reckon becalming cogiation is worth more than focus of mystery. I'd give the plaque to the skink.

Saurus run in 6x3 because it means they can pump out 24 attacks every combat. Sure you are going to lose a couple of models to enemies who will almost always strike before you, but hitting back with up to 24 attacks at s4 will win you alot of combats. It also means that even when charged by cavalry, even if they knock out your whole front rank, you'll still have 12 attacks back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.