Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play tau almost exclusively and i die pretty much everytime due to those broadisdes.
How does one deal with 72" range Str 10 AP 1 twin linked weaponry(besides cowering behind cover)???

· Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
Well, normal tactical marines can deal with them, they will only kill one marine a turn at best from the railguns, I would try and get clost with bolters and plasma guns and let rip, you should be able to do some damage. If not you will want to assault them next turn just to tie them up.

You will want to pin them down in CC at the very least, maybe use and assault squad?

· Registered
1,842 Posts
You should be happy youyr oponents use Broadsides and not hammerheads. Hammerheads are MUCH more difficult to deal with.

In the end, to deal with broadsides, the easiest thing to do is drop pod a tactical squad with power fist and melta gun next to the broadside squad. Keep the pod in between the broadsides and the squad (or in between something more dangerous and the squad if there is such a thing around). Next turn move forward and fire the maltgun (Chances are there goes a broadside) and then assault. 3 broadsides, even with shield generators will be unable to deal with amrine squad with hidden powerfist.

· Registered
2,578 Posts
5 Bikers with a powerfist swinging Sgt and 2 Melta guns. Turbo boost up to them.

There nothing like a 3+ invulnerable against a Railgun.

If he puts them in cover the amount of shooting required to dig them out is extortionate. Especialy with ML not working.

· Favored of Tzeentch
3,191 Posts
A Lascannon shot right between the eyes, or whatever they have.

Tau usually have trouble against marine bodies, so a 5-man squad with a lascannon could help you out.

According to my calculation, you have a 28% chance/shot to take out a broadside, considering that it probably has a 4+ cover/inv save. :yes:

· Registered
170 Posts
arghh

yeh broadsides are awsome, when i go aggainst them i use land speeders, with multi-meltas, etc deepstike em and move behind cover pop out and melt them away!

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Infiltrators, Deep Strikers, Bikers (great with Turbo-Boost), Drop Pods...there's plenty of ways to get up the table. Once you get close enough, make sure the unit you have detailed for the task has a powerfist to make short work of them via the insta-kill.

· Registered
10 Posts
When I face broadsides I usually deep strike with a unit of terminators with at least one assault cannon right in front of them and then I normally come forward with an assault squad and a bike squadron (just as a back up if the termies would die). At this moment my opponent usually get scared of my cc units and focus all fire power on them but thy allways survive (with a few losses). The next turn is my favorite part, the assault :rolleyes:
When I use this tactic I rarly fail taking them out.

· Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
Assaulting with any number of powerfists is usually a good idea.

However I just usually use a few lascannons. A dev. squad with say 8 marines is a lot for a 3 man BS squad to take out and in the mean time they can fire back at them, taking out all of them pretty quick, even with shield generators. If they got drones I'd suggest hiting them with HB's,Bolters,Ac's first to get rid of those pesky buggers.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I would disagree that hammerheads are eassier to kill. A maxed out Broadside squad has 12 wounds(with maxed out drones). They all would have +2/+4 saves(if the drones are shield drones). In close combat there is a possibility they would win. Tactical marines would die to them because of smart missiles which need no line of sight and are heavy 4(although he would have to have a very ggod day to kill the marines)! Assualt marines might win if i gave the sarge a lot of wargear. He has pathfinders that have a scouts move, i tried infiltrating nearby and they got pinned by the stupid pathfinders and their devilfish. His shooting phase: bye bye scouts. The drop pod idea has some merit, ill have to try that. The bikes would work. How does turbo boost work? If you can get land speeders close enough to melta a braodside im assuming your opponent had no idea that the smart missiles did not require line of sight. The bikes and termies sounds good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.