Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i'm no master of tactics but i play necrons and i know exacly what i hate, the first and most annoying factor is the 'phase out' rule, whitle the army down to 25% i think it is and the rest is history and you automaticly win the game despite any victory conditions :twisted: ! If the necron player has a c'tan there are mutiple ways to deal with it, A. Avoid it, its slow moving and if you ignor it and concentrate your forces on the rest of the necron army the phase out rule will soon see to it! B. Annialate it! cancentrate much of your fire and man power on it, this should only be attemped if the c'tan poses a real threat (it is within 18" of the main body of your force [if it gets into close combat with any troop you might aswell kiss them goodbye]) aslo if you are going to bring it down use LOTS of fire power or dont bother. Don't waste heavy bolter fire and other anti infantry guns for cheap shots at big scary things such as destroyers, the necrons will take a large core of warriors to avoid the phase out rule use every anti infantry and infantry based weaopon youve got on the warriors or flayed ones (lethal in cc). If the necron player has a monolith they may also take a few squads of warriors in reserve, if you destroy the monolith they count as dead for victory points and can't teleport onto the battle feild, and trust me the weaopons they use can take down a land raider! Use heavy weaopons on destroyers and wraiths as they come in small squads and belive me when i say the can predict who wins the battle. Scarab swarms should be brought down by bolter/las gun fire at an early stage in the game using ur troops.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Warning: main(modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/librariu/public_html/portal/modules.php on line 16

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening 'modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/librariu/public_html/portal/modules.php on line 16

well, if u read the latest WD, u can see how easy the SM won them... ;) but their monolith is really a pain...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Necrons have almost no weakness except for the phase out rule.

Their weapons are strong
They are extremely effective in close combat

but while reading thru my friends codex....
i noticed necron range for their weapons suk, hehe

use long range weapons to take a lot of them out, and large ap, and cut down their army to phase out level

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
they cant ill be back if you sudden death them or power weapon them they're marines that have 1 Iniative

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your gonna kill robots I say assault 'em. Bring terminators and power weapons and lascannons. Back away from vehicles they won't last long, only Rhinos and hope to the Emperor that they can get there. The only thing one needs to stay away from are warsythes. I defeat the Necron player I play with 9 out 10 times doing as such. Remember bring TERMINATORS.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Take termie assault squads instead of termie squads and remember you can use their gauss weaponry against them because the rule says any vehicle hit by a gauss weapon suffers a glancing hit on a penetration roll of 6.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Whenever the player gets a 6 for ap make him roll on the glancing table.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.