Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
WE tend to be superior from what I have seen. If WE players use their manouverabilty well you can run circles around the dwarves. Scariest thing are warmachines. Deal with those and you are golden.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
We eat their lunch. Take out crossbowmen first as they have more range. Then take out thunderers. Send flyers/ fast cav / scouts after war machines but beware war machines with US 5, entrenched, and with Engineers. Shoot warriors and longbeards to thin their ranks, and then pounce with dryads/wardancers. Rune Lord with anvil is just about unkillable for us, but tying it up with a character that has AoN can be okay (though you're still outnumbered and slipping a wound through is really, really tough). Miners and scouts are a hassle but keep some dryads back if they're around. Look to get rid of the gyrocopter early, too. I'll dump all of my shooting onto an organ gun one turn to get rid of the crew. That thing will shred us to pieces.

I've had good luck against Dwarfs and consider them one of the better matchup but you have to be aware of what can hurt. The anvil hurts, the organ hurts, shooting if in range hurts, ranked infantry are really tough to bust so avoid hammerers and ironbreakers. And flank, flank, flank. Force him to pull his units apart.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OM NOM NOM
370 Posts
There's an appropriate saying for this.

"The fox knows many things, but the porcupine knows one big thing"

We have almost every advantage against dwarfs. they have one advantage that's nearly insurmountable. You NEED to use every last point in your army to score a victory. Just play it elfy like and you'll keep your chin above water for the most part, but stay on your toes.

·
555 Posts
What do I do vs a gun line that doesn't move?
He still has allot of tough blocks I can't begin to take on frontally.
He has war machines I can't destroy with the little shooting I have.
He has t4 shooting guys, with armour.

I have 20 GG, 6 GR, HoDA, Bodkin lord.

Should I just stay out his shooter range and take out stuff slowly?

Did I mention terrain sucks? This is a tournament battle with pre-set terrain.

I can't begin to treesing a wood for screen with 2x lvl1 and 1 treeman.

How do I take on this guy?
I've faced him more than once, it's always the same, and he always ends up top 3 in the tournaments.
And he's younger than I am, so I can't stand him winning, lol.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
If I have a Treeman against Dwarfs, I mostly keep him out of sight. War machines will wreck him.

Ifhe's not moving, then you have two quarters he shouldn't be contesting. Towards the end of the game, move units up to contest his two quarters. That should give you 200 vps. And I'd go with more shooting if you have the models. 30 GG are great. Work on his 30" crossbows. Then sit just outside 24 and shoot the thunderers. Try and get fast units to war machines.

Go for a minor victory would be my take on it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ifhe's not moving, then you have two quarters he shouldn't be contesting. Towards the end of the game, move units up to contest his two quarters.
Sorry, I'm new to the game, but I'm eager to learn. Could you explain this to me?

·
859 Posts
Each quarter of the table is worth 100 victory points at the end of the battle - provided only you have units in that area. As you both start in seperate halves of the board you both start with two quarters that you are in control of.

Now if the opponent doesn't move throughout the battle - he cannot take your table quarters from you. If both you and your opponent are in a table quarter they become contested ground and neither side can claim victory points for them. Therefore you get an extra 200 victory points while his side of the battleground is contested by your units.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Each quarter of the table is worth 100 victory points at the end of the battle - provided only you have units in that area. As you both start in seperate halves of the board you both start with two quarters that you are in control of.

Now if the opponent doesn't move throughout the battle - he cannot take your table quarters from you. If both you and your opponent are in a table quarter they become contested ground and neither side can claim victory points for them. Therefore you get an extra 200 victory points while his side of the battleground is contested by your units.

Does that make sense?
Sure does. Thanks a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts