Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am curious how people combat units that are immuned to psychology... most armies have a unit or two that has this ability... However recently my friend has started using a Slannesh army!!!

Eveything seems to be immuned to psychology and is tough and well armoured. How do people counter these types of armies??

I like to play chariot based aggressive armies (Chariots, Carrion, Light cav, Bone Giant, Tomb Scorpians) which I have found up until now quite strong until facing this army...

Although I walked away with a minor victory it was only because I got lucky and my friend failed a break test that he should not have failed (praise the dice Gods!!!)

So I am curious what people would use against them... Preferably in an offensive list...

Thanks

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
In an offensive list, youll be needing to forget about fear and concentrate on hitting fast and hard. So out go the large skellie units, and in come the Chariots and Ushabti. Few Scorps as usual for flanking Knights and doing some damage there. possibly even for KB suicide runs on to Characters.

If you still want to set up around a Casket, then do so with some Carrion for march blocking, and possibly keep a sponge unit or two.

Also maybe try Heavy Cav units, though generally i think Chariots are better every time.

Fighty Characters in Chariots, and priests fast, able to support.

·
Registered
139 Posts
All immune to psych means is that you can make them run form you because of fear. Just think of it that your facing any fear causing opponent.

I find against opponents like that, large blocks of infantry work. Well, not just one, but two. 25 Skellie warriors tooled up for CC with a unit of 10 archers works brillantly for winning combat against anything. Simply take the charge, then hit them in the flank with the other unit. Unless they kill 5 models you win and they have to take a LD test... make them take enough and you win eventually...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the actual game I had a bone giant and 3 ushabti hit a chosen unit... Killed a lvl 2 Sorcerer and in the prolonged combat was able to reduce a unit of chosen to 2 men!!! but was flanked due to it being prolonged...

In the end fighting Slannesh armies make you realise how nice fear normally is... I used carrion to slow them down and my 2 small units of light cav took out a chariot in one turn (2 rounds of shooting each... lol)

But the knights were near unstoppable with their 1+ save!!! not to mention is lord with the pendant of Slannesh and the Blade of Blood ... If I wasn't lucky enough to end up breaking the unit it was game over lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.