Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you mainpulate greenstuff and make it look good.

I like using the stuff and I have some dental tools that help me work with it but when doing shapes and stuff to flesh out a model it still looks rough to me. Filling holes and gaps are easy but what about the actual modeling of it, Ive seen people with fully made models from green stuff using ntohging else and I just cant seem to make it as smooth or developed as they do.

Any hints or thoughts?

·
1,019 Posts
The golden rule of greenstuff:

"Keep the stuff and tools wet, the surface dry!"
That works gr8!
To get smooth surfaces dip your fingertip into water and smooth it out (or any smooth tool).

But i havent done much modelling. I made a plague marine-ish model with a bloated stomach, cloak, and a fleshy chest. But the cloak looks abit akward(good, but not gr8!). The stomach and fleshy parts look great.

·
1,019 Posts
Whats the proplem?

Doesnt it stick to its intended place?
Does it have chunks in it?
Does it just become a wad of green stuff and refuses to stick to even itself?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well, I don't keep it wet myself, I just model it partly with my fingers, partly with a modelling knife and partly with the back end of a paintbrush, it ends in a sort of point if you look from a side like this:
l l
l /
l/
I find it very useful from modelling the stuff :) . The only problem I sometimes experience is that it sticks more to my fingers than anything else, but I don't have that a lot. If I do I run my fingers through my hair (I use this really greasy stuff, my hands are even waterproof because of it :blink: ).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by protocon@Jul 9 2003, 12:57
The golden rule of greenstuff:

"Keep the stuff and tools wet, the surface dry!"
That works gr8!
To get smooth surfaces dip your fingertip into water and smooth it out (or any smooth tool).

A really good tool to use is a round toothpick, when you dip it in water it'll stay wet for longer then most things, keeping the green stuff moist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.