Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried a rank system useing blood red as the medium. less red=lower rank. example my warriors are all metalic except red shoulder blades. destroyers have their shoulder blades as well as their....um hover platform thingy. if i had a camera i would put up pics. i was just curious if anyone else strayed from the over abundance of metals.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Photos aren't fantastic (shouldnt have used the flash really) but i put pics of my Crons up a while ago, here:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/painting/99099-deceivers-necrons.html

No need to post in the thread, im just showing. I dount theres much useful information that can go in a painting thread, so youll probably just get done by mods for Necroing lol.

Anyway, there they are.

I do like the idea of a rank system, although im not sure its very fluffy. I guess you could get away with it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you did a really nice job.....where you had your greens on your models is where i have my red so thats what i meant in the above post

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
This thread really belongs in the Painting Forum.

*Waves magical wand, spontaneously creating a magical mist that teleports thread to the Painting Forum*

Side: Kore, your Crons are gorgeous. You've got a unique paint scheme, and plenty of metal-heads to go around. Nice work, buddy.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Thank for the compliments. The Warrior montage might be recognized from the Joe Nobody Painting Contest from a while back. It's kind of silly to point out, but I dull coated that one and later decided I wanted the red armor plates to be glossy, as they appear in all the latter pictures.

The overall motivation is a departure from the ubiquitous "trashcan-crons" and an attempt at an ancient ceramic look. My method yields some interesting variances in appearance, some of which I'm not too happy (the Lord) with but definitely an acheivement of my goal.

·
122 Posts
Those are all very cool. And I really like those orange ones.

I did mine with a mixture of Bolt gun and Dark angles green ink, and bolt gun and brown ink.
That way it still had the whole metallic evil robot thing, but with some color.

If I can get a camera working I will post some pictures later.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been playing Necrons with my same old painted models for years but unfortunately I still don't have any pictures.
To describe them just a bit though, my 'cron army has a very strong egyptian motif with colors like golden yellow regal blue and hawk torquoise forming the primary colors in my pallette.

For metals I opt for gold wich is pretty much only used on the guns and the army is filled with lots of ancient looking conversions like an egyptian headdress on my lord(Veteran Necron players will know where I got that idea from).
Also the flesh on my flayed ones has been painted to look old and dry as opposed to fresh and bloody to make them look both different from the average flayed one and to mimic some mummy-like overtones to fit with the rest of the army.

P.S. Kore, thats a very unconventional approach to the Necrons, but well done nonetheless. Very fresh indeed.
And Pickle, Great looking army! Brilliant way to break out of the 'metalics cliche'. DullSpike, if you follow examples like theese guys, you can't go far wrong.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.