Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently got a huge bundle pack off ebay (Sooo maky models!) and i need to paint them up quickly for an upcoming game, but dont have a quik method, anyone have any suggestions?

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
What minis are they?

The best way is to undercoat them all with spraypaint and use a single colour at a time on many models at once. Once you have applied that colour to all your minis you move on tp the next colour until you are finished.

Individual details can be picked out afterwards.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with salamander, the assembally line is a good way to get lots of models done quickly. I generally take my time, but if you dont have time, go with the assembally line.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I find painting on the sprue is fastest for me. just paint up a sprue, the clip off the models, touch up the area(s) where they were attached, and voila! 4 models done.

this method has 3 main advantages:

1: painting 4 at a time is quick and easy; your paint doesn't dry out as fast cuase it's only open as long as 4 models take.

2: when they're on the sprue th amount of models isn't as apparant so it's not so daunting a task.

3: the spru give a convenient hand-hold so you don't accidently smudge what you just painted trying to get to those hard-to-reach places.(at least this doesn't happen as much.)

·
Registered
969 Posts
You know... to keep paint from drying out fast and getting the benfit of thinning it down already you could just add some paint retarder to slow down how fast it dries.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually they are night lords :p so itll be a little bit tougher

·
Registered
353 Posts
Best tip I can give you for night lords is when you paint the gold banding, go slow, if you go to fast you will make a mistake that stands out on the blue so you have to back and paint over it, taking even longer =\. Also don't worry about details too much if your going for speed, just paint the armour, shoulder plates leg banding and the nl badge, you can probbly get one guy done every 10 minutes or so if you don't worry about detail too much.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The sprue idea is pretty good, but glue does not hold paint on paint well, so it's easier to glue them together first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.