Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing this game for upwards in 5+ years and have never had to seek advice for transportation. However, ork armies present and interesting challenge as there are so many models. My KoS army has 3 battlewagons, soon to be a 4th, 3 units of trukk units, 3 buggies, 10 stormboys, big mek, warboss, and gun wagons. Right now i use 1 army transport and some boxes. however, i like keeping my models intact and wanted to seek insight from other players.

How do you do it? I'm considering 1 army transport platoon just for infantry, and then 1 normal size army transport for wagons and vehicles. I like the pull and punch design, however the cost is getting more expensive then my army itself.... any ideas on a good safe transport system?

·
Registered
346 Posts
i use very large carboard boxes and wrap my stuff and coushin it with various shirts and etc, thatak way they wont bre and wont break each other and will have plenty of room in there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I have a very simple carrying system.

+

=

I think I'm going to warhammer transporting hell. On the plus side, none of my models have actually broken- they're so squashed together, there's no room to move!

·
Registered
153 Posts
As well as Darkhand I too transport with the good ole tool box (save mine is plastic and much more giving to accidental bumps then a metal one).

I went to a local craft store picked up some thick foam (like seat cusion size foam) and cut my own niche out of them for my vehicles. Place this in your plastic toolbox and wha la... instant forgiving case with foam protection on the inside.

Does it look nice and clean and pretty...nope...but its carrying ork stuff. Seems to do it justice.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I resorted to another army transport, mainly as i have 2 old 2nd Edition Battlewagon's painted up very nicely, as well as i've really been spending time highlighting and converting boyz. It seems to work, but i think i will be finding a less expensive way shortly.

Thanks for the help, i'm currently looking for a nice size tool box to fit the army transport trays.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
darkhand you are the awesome.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I personally have a few official rip-off Games Workshop cases lying around however I do have a lot of friends with plastic tool kit cases. They are the type with space in the bottom for bigger tools (or vehicles and big 'uns) and with lots of room in the lid in seperate compartments for nails and screws (da ladz go in there).

·
Registered
29 Posts
If there is a Job-Lot near you, they sell polaroid camera cases with uncut foam in them for 3 dollars. you can cut out slots for tanks or boyz. they are also black plastic cases, just like games workshop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts