Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to expand my mech guard to 1750pts so I'm debating what units to take in the additional 250pts.
First is a Pysker Battle Squad in a Chimera: I'd feel they're powers would be very beneficial for dealing with certain units.

But I'd like to know what other player's think of them and how they've been on the board?

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
The PBS is good, yet fragile. I experimented and found them useful but not enough to justify taking a Russ, Hellhound or Colossus out of my lineup. The morale-reducing power is not as effective as I originally thought since most lists are fearless, stubborn or mechanized; plus, ATSKNF makes even a successful application only a temporary setback. For a mech list, they should be effective enough.

250 points? You could bring two Basilisks instead of a PBS. Their direct-fire capability would help them keep up in a mech list and they could be a pleasant alternative to yet another Chimera unit. (I'm guessing you already have 3+ Chimerae in your standard list?)

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 points? You could bring two Basilisks instead of a PBS. Their direct-fire capability would help them keep up in a mech list and they could be a pleasant alternative to yet another Chimera unit. (I'm guessing you already have 3+ Chimerae in your standard list?)
My 1500pts list already has full 3 heavy supports and Fast attack choices.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
250 points buys you 2 PBS of 6 psykers and Chimeras for both.

They are very nice support units, capable of either dropping a S6 pie plate (wounds most things on a 2+ with variable AP) or reducing a unit's Ld by 6 (enough to send anything running after losing a few models). Plus, you get 2 more Chimeras rolling around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are a little fragile, but when they work they're very useful, especially in chimeras. Bear in mind that a six man squad is only S5 or -5 leadership though, as the leader isn't a psyker.

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
I like to run an 8-psyker squad (9 if you count the Overseer) in a Chimera. Enough to drop anything's leadership to 2, or to drop a Str 8 pie plate, which I might be using more of when the new 'Nid dex comes out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Aye, I assumed you knew what you were talking about, just clearing it up for the OP. 7 man squad in a chimera is how I run my PBS and they work well for me, useful for the ability to instant death other guard stuff I play against too.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
For the points there quite nasty. I like a 10 man squad that drops tank or troops killing pie plates O'Doom, or I use it with a Valkerie or Vendetta to run those pesky Eldar bike Seer councils off the board.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
For the points there quite nasty. I like a 10 man squad that drops tank or troops killing pie plates O'Doom, or I use it with a Valkerie or Vendetta to run those pesky Eldar bike Seer councils off the board.
I can think of few scenarios that make me happier than seeing those prissy buggers run crying for their mommies.

·
611 Posts
I've seen them used to great effect against orks. Making the 10 remnants of a 30 strong squad run off the table never to return does make me chuckle :D
Did the "mob up rule" change. The orks failed their ld 2 test and then rolled an 11 or 12 for "mob up?" A PBS should *not* effect mob up. I played orks back in 4th edition though so maybe it's changed.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Is that the thing for the boss pole? From what I've worked out the ork player on failing his test is allowed to re-take it, but the squad takes a wound in the process... both of them use their Ld as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The mob-up rule is no longer in use, YounGunner ^^

The "Mob Rule!" rule now in play lets the Orks substitute their Ld with the nr of models in the unit (if 11 or above they become fearless). What he means is that when they are reduced to 10 models they are Ld10, which was then reduced to Ld2 ( 10-8 ), promptly leading to the Orks getting ran of the board ^^

Cheers ^^

·
611 Posts
The mob-up rule is no longer in use, YounGunner ^^

The "Mob Rule!" rule now in play lets the Orks substitute their Ld with the nr of models in the unit (if 11 or above they become fearless). What he means is that when they are reduced to 10 models they are Ld10, which was then reduced to Ld2 ( 10-8 ), promptly leading to the Orks getting ran of the board ^^

Cheers ^^
That sucks for Orks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts