Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i know that "Orks reproduce through the release of spores, which grow into a plant-like womb underground that nourishes the bodies of the various Orkoid species. Orks release spores through out their lives, but release them particularly at the moment of death. Without a nearby population of Orks, the fungus will eventually start the Ork life cycle anew".

I also know that "during a Tyranid invasion the Tyranids release clouds of microscopic Mycetic Spores which are used to blanket a planet during the latter days of a Tyranid planetary assimilation. These spores Accelerate plant growth, this helps in reclamation of organic materials in the soil".

My question is how would the Tyranids Myscetic spores affect the population of a planet that already has a fairly established Ork population? since orks are part fungal part animal and they grow and gestate in a similar way to a plant for me common sense says that the Tyranids Myscetic Spores would kick Ork population growth into overdrive eventually leading to a very good brawl between the bugs and da boyz.

anyone else have any ideas or comments?

·
I Sincerely Want a Parrot
462 Posts
That's a very good question. I would post this over on the Army Fluff forum, give the Fluff Masters a crack at it. You could make some nice conversions with Ork/Tyranid hybrids.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kind of like the idea myself. orks with gaunt like heads, instead of choppas give them scything talons (or whatever they are called) and instead of power claws give them the crab like claws. eavy armour and mega nob armour are represented with engineered skin growth. and various ork abilities go out through bio enhancments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well if Dey'z half nid, they aint very orky are they? If it speeds up plant growth -- I think we'd have giant orks.

"EY WARLORD SNAGSKRUTTS, YOU 'ERE ABOUT DEM ORKS BORN WHILE DEY'Z FIGHTIN THEM BUGS? DEY'Z BIGGER THAN YOU!"

"... MOTHER F**CKER"

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
the orks could be over grown and become much tougher, if a nid fleet wants to take an ork held workld. then the nidz will have a very very tough time. However, they will ahve oone advantage on their side if the planet is a heavily gaurded ork planet. numbers, in more fortified and ork infested planets, they will find it harder.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I had this very conversation with a friend of mine, and we concluded that this would be the equivalent of WAAAGH! Heaven.

Normally, Tyranids host a nigh limitless supply of bodies that can be recycled upon destruction and returned to the battle.

Normally, a high-scale Ork incursion is nigh impossible to remove without firebombing the hell out of a the infected planet.

Tyranids generally reproduce much faster than Orks, however with the inclusion of the Mycetic spores, Ork repopulation may be on par with that of the Tyranids -- leading to the most epic battle ever. Ever. The difference is that Tyranid hive fleets must metabolize a vast amount of resources to sustain their production. Eventually, without the planet to feed on, it will have to either a) leave, b) consume itself, or c) die.

The result, IMO, would be a sudden WAAAGH! that would make Armageddon look like childs play.

:soldier: :beer:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH.........sorry i just had to say it.

D*** right though, thats what im saying lol. i mean in the basic definition of mycetic sporesm it says that it accelerates plant growth. orks are part plant. the spores accelerate ork growth there fore the nids made a HUGE mistake.....glad someone agrees with me lol

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hmm do i know you? I am pretty sure the nidz could win however, they have the numbers to make an ork waggh look like a spec of dust.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a story on a massive orks vs nids battle in the planetstrike codex. If I remember correctly the orks and nids just keep on growing and advancing to outsmart and outdo each other.

·
I'm back!!
851 Posts
This is funny, because this is the very story behind Badskragga Bug-Squisha'z Bolt 'Eads! (My Massive ork army haha).

Every 40ker worth their salt knows about the Imperial diversionary move to angle the movement of Hive Fleet Leviathan towards the ork held systems ruled over by the overfiend of octavius. Well enter my klan, after some good 'umie crumpin's in nearby sectors, we heard of the massive...nay, Titanic battle between some 'nids and one of the biggest ork empires in the galaxy. And we just HAD to get in on the action!!!

From what i've read of the fluff, there really is no end in sight for the endless battles happening there. And the Ork veterans are getting really...really...REALLY big. With warbosses rivalling the size of Gazakull Thraka, and nobs the size of 'normal' warbosses. And of course, boys the size of nobz!

The more the orks fight, the bigger they get, and as has been mentioned here, not only do they already have an endless supply of reinforcements (it's an ork EMPIRE) but with mycetic spores making everything faster, the orks will get bigger fast, and get born faster!

Also, I don't think there would be very many hybrids. Orks are notoriously resistant to any kind of mutation or physical corruption. So much so that genestealers try to avoid them as chances of starting a cult is so low (both because it is rare to successfully infect an ork, and because any "bug-eyed, non-orky freaks" are killed for shits n' giggles). There is also the fluff of an entire ork warband charging into the eye of terror and not mutating to any noticable degree. (they ended up fighting on a daemon-world for all eternity...kinda like ork heaven hahah).

Re: Tyranids outnumbering orks. Perhaps the Tyranid RACE might outnumber the ork race...but not in this galaxy they don't, not yet at least. If the ill-defended eastern fringe of the imperium can stem the tide of tyranids (hell even the tau can do it) then an entire ork empire has a good chance (unlike 'umies and blues, orkses just keep getting bigger and badder!).

As-salaamu alaikum
-The God of all Machines

·
Registered
85 Posts
The difference is that Tyranid hive fleets must metabolize a vast amount of resources to sustain their production. Eventually, without the planet to feed on, it will have to either a) leave, b) consume itself, or c) die.

The result, IMO, would be a sudden WAAAGH! that would make Armageddon look like childs play.

:soldier: :beer:
This makes me think of Gorkamorka......desert planet Orks survive...and begin anew!

Also in the fluff it states that if the Orks united they would destroy the know universe. But because they fight amongst themselves all the time....the umies are safe. That being said....I am not sure there is any discernible intel on the Nids. I like to think the Orks would win though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This makes me think of Gorkamorka......desert planet Orks survive...and begin anew!

Also in the fluff it states that if the Orks united they would destroy the know universe. But because they fight amongst themselves all the time....the umies are safe. That being said....I am not sure there is any discernible intel on the Nids. I like to think the Orks would win though.
exactly and the orks usually only fight amongst themselves when there isnt a good enemy to krump. so with enough bugs da boyz would be well occupied WAAAAGGGGHHHH

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im going to have to agree that the actual spores wouldnt do a whole lot ot the orks. The never ending fighting, that would kick some ork growth into hyper mode. Would love to see the Warlord that eventually comes out of that war.
Would be a Waaaagh that even the puny Emporer ciouldnt stop
WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Im going to have to agree that the actual spores wouldnt do a whole lot ot the orks. The never ending fighting, that would kick some ork growth into hyper mode. Would love to see the Warlord that eventually comes out of that war.
Would be a Waaaagh that even the puny Emporer ciouldnt stop
WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHH!!
Ah, the very thought of it.. It makes my heart swell with murderous, rampaging glee ^_^ I'd love to see a full fledged novel on this, just to make it canon :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.