I have a list that has:
Cannoness
Celestian Squad VSS
Celestian Squad VSS
Battle Sisters Squad VSS
Battle Sisters Squad VSS
Seraphim Squad VSS
Retributer Squad VSS

When I add it up it looks to me like I have 10 faith points for this list but I am not 100% sure. What do you folks say?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts

·
3,395 Posts
When I add it up it looks to me like I have 10 faith points for this list but I am not 100% sure. What do you folks say?
Have you perhaps added one faith for the celestian squad and one more incorrectly for the celestian VSS? (celestians get nothing for the VSS aside from the ability to take more gear)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you perhaps added one faith for the celestian squad and one more incorrectly for the celestian VSS? (celestians get nothing for the VSS aside from the ability to take more gear)
That would be it. I thought they would get one for the squad and one for the VSS.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Try and get yourself as much Faith as you can.

You don't want to over do it. Rule of thumb is 1 +2/500 points. So in a 1k points game you would want 5. For example, in a 1k game I played a few hours ago, I had a Cannoness with 3 squads of sisters giving 5 faith and enough points to pull in some GKTs for some melee support. I could have also used an Inquisitor/assassin (what I usually do) or grabbed some ISTs or something. Keeping that Rule of Thumb just gives you an idea of how much breathing room you have.

·
3,395 Posts
It's worth noting that some units - jump pack HQs and seraphim (esp flamer seraphim) will use up faith at a far far greater rate than melta/mech spam - something to keep in mind when you are buying non-faith generating units like inquisitors, assassins, and guard.

·
867 Posts
Faith is all about finesse, and as ikbuh stated, you don't want to over do it.

-Nara
In my view Faith is our one great advantage. Its a great ability and quite flexible in that you can use it on most of the Witch Hunter units (make sure you make them Faithful!) and they are so useful. Especially Divine Guidance and Spirit of the Martyr. I used the latter repeatedly on my Living Saint for a 2+ Inv. save and tied up some bizzare dinosaur-like monstrous beast my friend designed out of some White Dwarf rules many years ago. It cost him a rediculous amount of points but it was rediculouslyy powerful. Tied it up in melee with St Celestine and then actually was able to smash his Space Marine army with the balance of my force. Only the second time I'd ever beaten him with my Sisters IIRC. :D

But that's me, and there are many different playstyles. Use the ones that you enjoy.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My 136 point jump cannoness has broken more squads of necrons then I can count, frequently held up 3x her points (and size =P) in models she has no right fighting, and causes my friend to cring in fear when I place her on the table. At the same time however, sometimes the ones come rolling in and she dies to lasguns or something stupid like that. If you want to try something obsurd and ballsy, assault a carnifex and use Divine Guidence. Watch your opponent stare baffled when you roll 4 6's. Could also work on a Trygon, but you need to get the +initiative as well, which is much harder to get. =P

·
867 Posts
I'm getting the notion that most of you view having 11 or so Faith in a 2,000 point army is a tad excessive. ;)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Depends on what you've got, but that sounds about right to me. 1+2/500 points is 9 at a 2000 point game. It's only excessive when you have left over faith at the end of the game, but even that depends on how the game went or who you're facing. If you feel that you've got "to much," then be risky with it and try to give your 10 girl squad an invul save (I've done it before and it's awesome) or have your 3 girl squad try and get revenge on that carnifex and get some power weapons (done that too =P)!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bult a 2K sisters army and played two test games yesterday. I have a 150 pt Jump Cannoness and 3 Sister Squads, for 5 faith points total. Rest of the army is Inducted guards, Allied DH Inq(3 Mystics) and 3 Daemonhosts, 2 Exorcists, and a Pask Leman Russ(LC&PlasmaSponsons).

First game VS Marines, the canoness and one daemonhost managed to hold his assault terminators up for 5 assault phases before she finally dropped (2+ Invul + Matle of ophelia :D)
Second game the cannoness killed 15 gaunts and wounded/tied up a Tervigon and a Hive Tyrant for several rounds before running out of faith points and loosing her invul.

I definitely need more faith points, I've decided to drop the Daemonhosts, they're cool but unreliable so I'm replacing them with a second canoness with a Celestian Retinue.
Faith R Awesome - My Cannoness was getting cheered all night] for her indomitability.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Two canonesses is a bit unfluffy...a canoness and a palatine, less so...but I'd take a canoness and a lady inquisitor all day long!

As for faith points...I occasionally will take the S5 act of faith (against eldar FTW!!!!), but almost always use most or all of my faith points on SotM. Sometimes to get my canoness across a danger area in the enemy shooting phase, but mostly just to shrug off buried powerfists as she mauls that key enemy squad. I've even been known to sac a VSS to enemy shooting to generate an additional point for her to burn. It's all about the end state, which frequently requires her to keep a specific enemy unit out of my hair for 3-4 turns, but rarely requires that she actually kill the unit in the process (although she usually does). She's a perfect speedbump/wrecking ball for enemy AYEIOB units. Even if she can't kill the unit, the 2++ with the first instakill only causing a single wound will sideline the enemy's pivotal unit that cost three times as much as her (plus the cost of any attached character) for most of the game.

·
3,395 Posts
I've even been known to sac a VSS to enemy shooting to generate an additional point for her to burn.
WH jump troops are real faith burners, when I used to run a canoness and seraphim squad they'd often siphon off all the force's faith for themselves.

The mech force i've played recently feels totally different in that regard, always sitting on a big pool of faith - i'll even drop down to a palatine if i'm searching for a few points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts