Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find the points value anywhere in the codex! Is it already equipped on a unit like a gauss flayer is for a warrior? and if so what unit is it on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The particle whip comes as a part of the cost of a Monolith. It can't be equipped on any unit independently and therefore has no stand alone points cost.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok, me and my brother searched if it was under the option or wargear of units... i'll have a look today.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where does it say that the particle whip is on the monolith?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Its stated in the entry for the Monolith, in the details for the Power Matrix (the line that starts with "1")

Hope this helps

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by TzeentchPlayer@Oct 9 2003, 18:33
Where does it say that the particle whip is on the monolith?
I wonder,

do you guys even own the codex??
any other person who's capable of reading would see such a simple matter..
and why do you ask questions when you are not even able to accept that we talking about the truth.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't own it, my brother does. He just has no time on his hands because of marching band.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't put the codex on here ver batim, go out and buy it. and that is a good way to get harrassed by the mod's. they get in trouble for posting Games Workshop stuff ver batim... copyright stuff. Go Figure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shrug. They can ban me then, I don't give a *****. :eek:

Fair use laws beeyotch.

Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified in that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include --

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
dood, if u post opn this forum, obey the rules. i hope BiD comes and slaps u with his ever growing mod stick of doom.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
First off, that quote is from the US copyright laws, GW things are protected by the British ones.

GW already has shut down websites for posting the statlines of three greater daemons, so they seem to be able to do such things.

However, this is Blackhat's website and he says that copyrights have to be enforced. His word is law.

jwu

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
hehe. I love it when you have self-righteous americans who do this sort of thing.

"We're the major power in the world, we're always right!"

"No you aren't, you have your heads up your arse. We can prove it. We have the evidence. Sure, you have the guns, but apart from a mess that you'll have to clean up afterwards, what else have you got?"

"Unlimited,weapons-grade stupidity."

"Yes. Yes you have."

·
Registered
318 Posts
LOL

"Unlimited weapons grade stupidity" will STILL kill you dead. Gotta respect that.

Self righteous? Always.

Right? Almost never.
Care? Not me.

G.W. needs to take a chill pill if they're shuttin down sites for postin statlines.

I mean C'mon, it's not like we're tryin to reprint THE WHOLE RULEBOOK here....just helpin out a few fellow gamers with some problems.

Here all the gaming companies just signed an agreement called the "open Copyright"

In essence this lets ANYBODY publish materials for their game system as long as they don't reprint the CORE game rules. (Most Notably the d20 system by WoTC)

I think GW could learn a lesson from this as it hasn't seemed to hurt any of the big publishers, and has seen a big boom in the industry.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Remember, however, that the Codices (with the statlines in them, and rules for that army) cost half of the rulebook, roughly.A lot of money that would otherwise slip through GW's fingers if the stats were posted online.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yah, well they certainly don't need to shut down sites over single rules quotes, as i don't ANYBODY who would spend their time trying to scour sites for an entire codex worth of statlines which may or may not be correct. That's just ludicrous.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ok guys cool it down with the copyright argument. I don't really care what the exact rules regardig this is in the US (or UK for that sake). Posting copyrighted material is against our community rules and people who want to use this site will respect that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.