Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, apart from my very all round mortal armie list, wich will be used for tournaments,
I was looking at the demon side off chaos, and found out I really liked the idea off a deamon list.
Question is, how playable is it? With playable, I mean that I should be able to win every now and then.

I was thinking about devoting my armie to the god off pain and pleasure, and go for something along the lines off:

A keeper of secrets

a level 2 slaanesh sorcerer
spell familiar
scroll

6 mounted deamonettes
6 mounted deamonettes
6 mounted deamonettes
6 chaos furies

6 chosen slaanesh knights
rapturous standard

5 chaos hounds
5 chaos hounds

2 fiends off slaanesh.

what do you guys think?
A playable armie?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I think it is playable, but I must inform you that fantasy (and 40k but that is beside the point) gets a new Daemonic armybook in a few months. You might want to read up on the rumors

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
First of all, consider the Keeper of Secrets. Greater Deamons are horrendously expensive for what they are, you are paying points for the name (When the Daemon army book comes ou, they will be made into modernised special Characters, overpowered and cheap) But for now, id say go with a Daemon Prince. You can get him to Lv4, with MoSlannesh and the 2 Slanneshi Daemon abilities, for almost 100points less! and even then i wouldnt bother with the Slanneshi abilities, thay are a bit sucky. He shouldnt be getting to near the enemy, being a Magic Caster. Fair enough the DP statline may be a little worse than the KoS, but he can FLY! i think that ability is invaluable. And US3 means he has a 360LoS. Also, he doesnt take up a rare choice.
Look at the generic Daemon power, diabolic splendour. Then look at a ''bodyguard unit'' of Deamonettes, ateast for the beginning of the game, to accompnay the DP possibly.

Concerning the Sorc, i like, although maybe loose the Spell fam and Scroll for a Power Familiar.

A third caster would be really nice, possibly a Bray Shaman w/ MoS and the Spell Fam. Ofcourse, then you would need a beast herd to put him in :) gor/ungor ratio is your call, but add music and champ.

Mounted Deamonettes I like, and the Furies are a good choice too (Possiby model Deamonettes with wings?)

The Knights, as expected, are awesome. I dont think the banner is needed however, so in loosing that and the unit's standard bearer you can save quite a bit. Add Champion and Musician to the unit.

Now the second Rare slot is free, grab 2 more Spawns. These things are pretty awesome i think.

As said above, however, expect a new Daemon book soon (within the year possibly) so im not sure how mch that will change your point of view.
This thread has made me realise how impressionable i am at the moment though! last night, i had my 40K spark reignited as I helped design a Khornate army, and decided i wanted it! And now.. im off to make a Slanneshi Deamon list :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.