Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a shooty army...just so you know this is for a tournament so there's not tooling up against it. Although i'm not certain i'll face eldar, you never know. Thanks for the help.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Bolters and it varitaions (storm, heavy), they rip most eldar to shreds, make sure to include plenty of H bolters for the aspects.

Assault cannon are your best friend (and are good against everything), they can rip entire aspect squads apart.

Always have a few lascannons in the army to deal with tough nasties (tanks, wraithlords).

Rapid fireing bolters work very well.

A whirlwind is a good addition and it canes most armies.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Infiltrating scouts plus loads of tactical squads. Stay with your core units and put as many units on the table as possible. Remember the military maxim, K.I.S.S. Works wonders.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chaplain Stephen said:
Infiltrating scouts plus loads of tactical squads. Stay with your core units and put as many units on the table as possible. Remember the military maxim, K.I.S.S. Works wonders.
heh don't worry...I have 6 tactical squads each with 7 men. If you wanna take a look at my list its called "Iron hands 1500 Tourny" I'm also reading up on the eldar codex to find their weaknesses and how to deal with them. Thanks everyone so far with the help...more hlep appreciated.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Eldar don't have high toughness, stuff like chaplins and other HQ will rip most squads apart (but avoid any seer councils and banshees) as they are generally only T3.

Beware of vypers with crystal targeting matrix (shoot in movement phase- nasty), though they are few and far between they can be a real pain when toting star cannons.

Land raiders are risky beacuse of brightlances, use medium tanks (preds) to take out large threats (other tanks etc).

If you encounter a seer council, pretty much ignore it, its so resilient it will be impossible kill (but its also worth a lot of points), send and assault squad or something similar to tie it up indefinately.

·
Registered
461 Posts
just watch out for starcanons, and if you see a squad of striking scorps or banshees comming for you, divert a lot of the bolter fire there.

As a side note: Never, ever underestimate the power of the warp spider. Ooo, so the marine get an armor save against their guns.... well, your tanks rear armor doesnt, so watch it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We have an Eldar player in our group with a highly effective army, here's what I'd suggest.

1. Avoid the starcannons using terrain to block line of sight, or to at least give you a cover save. 2. Cut down his/her troop choices with your tactical squad bolters. 3. Take out the Aspect warriors with heavy bolters and assault cannons. 4. Use snipers to take out any Wraithlords. 5. Overload any Seer Councils with mass fire, especially if they have 'fortune'. Barring that, get an allied Inquisitor with a Psycannon and have him concentrate on them until they're gone.

I hope that helps.

·
112 Posts
Go mechanized to mitigate the effects of star cannons. Rhinos protect very well against star cannon bolts. They're also mobile cover. 2 should be enough.

Ignore WL when you're shooting, unless you don't have other targets. They take too much firewpower to drop in a single turn of combat. You're better off allocating that firepower to softer-skinned targets. To kill them, take a hidden power fist and drop them in CC with your tactical squads or scouts.

If they have mass guardian squads, kill them. They're cheap units the only real purpose of which is to equip star cannons and/or bright lances. They're very easy kills.

As far as aspect warriors go, their cc units aren't really threats in the first two turns unless they're mechanized. So don't worry about them and direct your fire against their soft-skinned units that can harm you in those first turns.

D-Cannon batteries are short-ranged. But they're indirect fire weapons. They're more of a threat than star cannon toting squads. Hit that first. Fortunately, they're equipped by guardians with 5+ armor save. rapid-firing bolters slay them.

that's about it.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
There are no tanks with greater then AV 12 in an eldar army. Also, wraithlords a toughness 8. Both of these can be countered with MLs.

Landspeeder tornados are excellent at killing anything but a wraithlord or falcone/fireprism.

Whirldwinds are pretty desent for squad removal.

Assault squads can stop annoying squads of star cannons from killing to many of your men.

Drop pods devistate eldar.

Fear of the darkness devistates eldar.

Eldar simply dont have the toughess to go toe to toe with marines in CC. Nor the armour save.

infiltrate works good against most things.

Melta guns > plasma guns. Melta guns can keep wraithlords off your back.

Hidden powerfists! Any drop podding or infiltrating tactical squad or any other squad, needs hiden powerfists.

8 man dev squad, 4Mls

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things that ive found good, but not as solidly good as above listed things.

Drop podding dreadnoughts are a favorate choice of mine, with a heavy flamer and assault cannon. A)primarly useful for taking down dark reapers B) however if a falcone exposes its self to the back of the baord, (ie: is far enough away from the table edge for you to reasonably drop pod behind it do so) Assault cannons will annihilate the rear armour of the falcone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I Have a question on this topic also, What if the Eldar your facing are Dark Reaper/Tank Heavy Eldar and you dont have any vehicles? I Have a dred, but his wraithguard eat him up like candy (yum). Then his Dark Reapers kick in By attacking me from the other side of the table and i cant touch him without attacking with my devestators who seem to die off like mad. My Termies seem to be the only thing keeping me in the game longer than two hours as their 2+ save messes with his dark reaper attacks. Any help would be very useful, thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.