Librarium Online Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi .
I guess I am very lucky.My local hobby shop runs a 'freelance games' club in its spare store rooms on saturdays.
And we have about 20 gamers in most saturdays.And we played RPGS/ 3D RPGs /war- games , historical and fictional.
We play over 40 different types of game systems .GW and NON GW.

Why not ask at you closest hobby shop.See if they might support a games club?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
since i dont have a vehicle yet, and the cloest GW is an hour away, i decided to order the battle for macragge set online. i know three friends now who said they would like to try it. i hope it all works out well and i get them hooked! thanks for all the support guys

·
227 Posts
I've found it really difficult to get people into GW games, even folks who are really interested in wargaming. I think the reason is the start-up cost and the intimidation factor, since Fantasy and 40K are most impressive when played with large armies. The local GW store isn't a great place for gaming. Plus, there are no LGSs that readily support GW - they all do Privateer Press games (which I and most of my friends like a lot). They've ended up buying lots of Warmachine stuff because it's cheaper to start and therefor is less intimidating than Warhammer.

One of my friends is starting to crack, though, so I might get a new opponent soon (*crosses fingers*).

·
Registered
394 Posts
Granted, I was first introduced to the 40k universe which started over a conversation over Final Fantasy...... Don't ask I was and still am addicted to video games.

Anyways, while we were talking I was looking at these interesting models and books. I asked if the guy working would let me look at one, and shortly after that. I slowly bought my first two books then the beginings of my Blood Angels army.

Despite the fact I wanted to start with guard, the reason I went Blood Angels were because everyone recommended that marines were a safer start than Guard.

So just let the guys play a couple of squad based games. Show them what the models look like, and remind them that while alot more expensive, they don't have to go into fine detail unless they want to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this was very usfull my friends say im a massive nerd and i am but soon they will be to two of them played before me and used a lot of this stuff on me to get me to start.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts