Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might hav been on here alot but i need help. Im having this tourney at my school and first up i got a 500pt chaos army. hes got a chaos lieutenant, two squads of six guy (well, thats wat i think he has) Any help would be excellant.

·
Registered
598 Posts
that really depends on the chaos legion he plays.

Which legion is it? and 6 guys isn't too specific... what kind of guys?

·
Registered
416 Posts
And your guys? we should know your army list also.
Anyway 500 pts for just 13 marines is much, they must be tooled up like hell, or have a demon unit in reserve. You could try to move around them, taking shots when you can and moving away before being charged. A leman russ would be the ideal tool if you have one and can squeeze it in the list.

·
646 Posts
I agree with Hermann Morr, I can't see 13 marines being able to take enough damage to stay in the game. Just use plasmaguns, they are an excelent weapon for dealing with any infantry in the game - and at 500pts you will be seeing mostly infantry. You can't go far wrong with them.

As an example, I just wrote an army with to win this. It has 3 5-man grenadier squads, 3 5-man storm trooper squads and a command squad, all maxed out with plamsaguns. That's 12 BS4 plasmaguns and 4 BS3 plasmaguns - exactly 500pts, space the squads 7" apart and you can't loose.

But of course that army is cheesy and tailored. I'm just making a point about the effectivness of the plasmagun here!

·
907 Posts
Xethemez said:
I agree with Hermann Morr, I can't see 13 marines being able to take enough damage to stay in the game. Just use plasmaguns, they are an excelent weapon for dealing with any infantry in the game - and at 500pts you will be seeing mostly infantry. You can't go far wrong with them.

As an example, I just wrote an army with to win this. It has 3 5-man grenadier squads, 3 5-man storm trooper squads and a command squad, all maxed out with plamsaguns. That's 12 BS4 plasmaguns and 4 BS3 plasmaguns - exactly 500pts, space the squads 7" apart and you can't loose.

But of course that army is cheesy and tailored. I'm just making a point about the effectivness of the plasmagun here!
All hail the plasmagun! The greatest anti-meq weapon in the IG codex!

The only thing I would do differently from Xethemez is I would have more ordinary, BS-3 troops. Never underestimate the power of massed lasgun fire! Also, meq's always start to cry when you start setting up and you outnumber them 10 to 1.

Just don't let him get into close combat, or else you're screwed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts