Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i noticed that many ppl have asked questions on how to defeat Eldar, so i was thinkin that we should start a collection of anti-Eldar tactics so it can be a singular reliable source. I was wondering, who here has played against the Ulthwe Craftworld and could give me advice on how to defeat this army?
Thanks

Wraithsting :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
iv never played against ulthwe, but i play them so i think that i can be a valuble source. basically an ulthwe army(should be, if not cheesed) lots of guardinas led by the seer coucil.

Things to look out for:
1. seer coucil will possibly all have witchblades(wounds anything on 2) and warlocks will ahve enhance(+1 ws and I)(doesnt require psyphic test) making like 7 guys ini 6 and 5 with WS 6 and 5. most of the time they will hit on 3 and wound on 2. Another thing. the Farseer WILL have fortune and cast it on themselves. this measn they get to re-roll their 4+ inv saves....they are really hard to kill with 3 wounds a piece plus the warlock(1 wound)

2. LOTS of SHURIKEn. they should have alot of guardians and have alot of shuriken cataopults, with 2 shots a piece they can take out a chunk of just about naythign.

Weaknesses
1. the seer coucil is alot fo points. mine can be anywhere from 325-500 points in a 1500 pts game.)

2. lack of aspect warriors. ulthewe is limited to 2 aspect warrior squads(they cant have any more aspect then black guaridians and all compulsary troops are black guardians.)

Itsgreatest weakness is the aspect. there are alot of guaridans and a well placed particle whip will desastate them....especially the expensive seer coucil.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I didn't think necrons had a weakness... :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh necrons have a weakness. I am so sick of people saying that necrons are god and cant be beaten because they most definately can. First take a nid army with that many dudes i cant shoot them all then all it takes is for a couple genestealers or a carni to get into close combat and i cry. necron are totally beatable however I personally have never taken mine against eldar so i dont know a good strat against them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
yeah, i agree too. I just said that for comical sense. I played my brother last night (CSM Thousand Sons vs. Crons) and he didn't pass any one of his WBB rolls! :D Not to mention my lords bolt of change killed at least one necron per turn outright...

·
Registered
318 Posts
ok can we PLEASE get back on topic? This about how to defeat Eldar NOT Necrons.

I have a tourney coming up (my first) and I've never played against Space Elves.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eldar absolutely hate destroyers and h.destroyers, the gauss cannon eat through guardians, banshees, reapers, avengers...... well watever they have with a 4+ save or less, which is most of their army, a monolith is psycho against them cos they cant destroy it properly, well it will take them a while and most of their ranged weapons cant instant kill us. :)

Turns out the person who starts the topic has to give the advice to himself in the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.