Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a plastic Baneblade (stayed up all night putting it together) and was thinking about how to work it into my Apocalypse army. My question is mostly about how to paint the dern thing.
I have a (relatively) small number of Imperial Guardsman, enough for about three squads and a command squad, all of which are not yet painted. I could paint the Baneblade and IG to match. However, a single platoon of IG is hardly enough to justify the presence of a Baneblade. I also may not be using my IG in all Apocalypse games, but I doubt I could bring myself to leave the Baneblade packed away.
So here's what I'm thinking of doing. I would like to paint the Baneblade black and bleached bone, because I love that color scheme. It happens to be the color scheme of my Inquisitorial storm troopers for that very reason. So I was thinking that my Inquisitor Lord was so pleased with the Baneblade's effectiveness in the assault on a Daemon-infested Hive that, much to the Departmento Munitorum's dismay, he chose to retain its services for some time even after the battle. So, here it is some years later and he has taken all the tank's crew into his staff and 'temporarily' repainted the machine to match his force.

I wanted to know if people thought this was reasonable and in keeping with the background. Hopefully it doesn't strike anyone as power-gaming, as that is not the intention. I just want a Baneblade, and I fear my 8,000 point Daemonhunters army may be underpowered without any super-heavies.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sounds like as good an explanation as any to me ;Y. Inquisitors have a pretty free reign when it comes to requisitioning resources, I believe, particularly if those forces have come into contact with the taint of Chaos. Which could actually be another reason why he's commandeered the tank-and-crew: for continued monitoring them for signs of daemonic influence. Or a less scrupulous Inquisitor might even report the crew as executed to prevent the spread of heresy, but instead adding them to his personal forces =).

Heh, the point is that pretty much anything can be explained, so if you've got an explanation that seems cool and reasonable to you, then go ahead and use it! Apocalypse is just for fun, anyways, right ;).

-H

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to have one to me...like Hasten stated, =][=s have a lot of power...

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
It's also quite common for high commanders to have their own (small) force called a life company or a bodyguard. As inquisitors often have their own armies the baneblade might be part of his most loyal and long term forces, perhaps he even inherited the baneblade from the inquisitor master before him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.