Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to justify their use for how much they cost since they don't get WBB and can't get VODed, etc. I think GW can make the following changes to make the pariahs more viable:

1. Decrease their cost to 28 pts...same as Immortals u trade off the WBB rule for the warscythe and their soulless feat.

AND/OR

2. For +20-30 pts per model, make them upgradable to "Destroyer Pariah", which means having a Destroyer body, increasing their mobility greatly and their T to 6 in the process too.

Waddaya guys think?

·
Registered
473 Posts
You could increase their usefullnes by using them near a Nightbringer in close combat; they would lower the Ld value of the nearby enemies in combat with the nightbringer so when they take a Ld test to do combat with it they would have even less chance of being able to harm it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pariahs are more of a storyline unit than anything; a destroyer body would be out of character, but useful. Their big advantage is the phase blade. When a unit can take on terminators in CC and walk out with a smile, and still have a mildly effective ranged attack, you have to expect huge amount of points involved. The lack of a WBB rule implies their nature as an uber-race amongst the Necrons as they are supposed to be a "new and better machine" overall, not a pure battle field role. They serve one purpose in my head, bodygaurds for Lords or C'tan. The immortals are always my first choice though unless I have cult termies or SM termies to deal with up close. They do well against wraith gaurd to in the one battle I seen them used against Eldar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so would you recommend pariahs in a 1000 pts game against Thousand Sons or Ultramarines? umm against Ultra...maybe not I guess.

Destroyer body would be outta character? sorry I dunno much about the background story of the Necrons or any other 40k army in general. Like I said I have only entered the 41st millennium last month hehehe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you want to get some of the background story for the necrons, I've just finished reading the book Nightbringer, It's mainly about the ultramarines but it tells you how the Nightbringer was awoken by stupid, greedy, dark eldar tormented, Humans.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'll try to give a decent summary; The story revolves around the planet of Pavonis, It is ruled by cartels, One of these cartel leaders finds Information on the Nightbringer and is intent on trying to awaken it. The Ultramarines 4th company has been despatched to Pavonis under the assumption that they're going there to make the planet pay its Tithes to the Imperium because it has not been paying. The Cartel Leader Causes Civil Chaos and rebellion to mask what he's actually doing. He manages to awaken THe nightbringer whilst the Ultramarines try to stop him.

Its a bit of a messy summary but you get the general Idea.
Its a violent messy story with Necrons, Dark Eldar, Ultramarines and Imperial guard.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pariahs always get shot. for there points they just aren't worth it. unless you used an entire squad of warriors and put them base to base and baby sat them up the field.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Pariahs would be worth the points if they had:

one more wound
or
one more attack
or
one more initiative
or
they just cost less points.

·
Registered
213 Posts
personally i love pariahs. i just put a screen of warriors in front of em. they are the perfect termmie killers though...

·
Registered
266 Posts
They work extremely well when combined w/ Flayed Ones as the low leadership caused by the pariahs maximises the Fearsome Appearance ability of the Flayed Ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think pariahs are just stright up fools i think that they are just so broken they can take down any thing love them cheerish them and worship the pariah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Clan breaker, you been spammin' like there's no tomorrow. Stop.

My strat: keep them behind Flayed Ones. This screens them, and it makes them MUCH more effective. Enemy has to take a Ld. test against Ld. 7 EVERY TURN or only hit on 6s, and when the flayed ones have knocked the enemy around a bit, the Pariahs can come in and finish them off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a thought, slap some Pariahs with a Lord with the Nightmare Shroud.As long as the enemy isn't fearless that should work a treat and if you tag team it with the Flayed Ones trick it could get pretty horiffic very fast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmm.. I belive it works like this:
Fearless units still get their Ld. reduced to 7, but that normally don't affect them since
they are concidered to pass all Ld. tests. However, if something forces them to take a
Ld. test in spite of them beeing fearless (deciever..) they would test against Ld. 7.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.