Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has taken very little time, simple, easy and not hard to find the materials! Here it is :

Materials :

Scissors
Pritt-stick or glue for paper and cardboard
Cardboard box (small, not corregated)
Mettalic Paint (Boltgun metal works quite well)

Optional :

Stickers of your army, like the space marines symbol or black templars, dark eldar, whatever

Method TIP : Print this out or read it all first!!! :

1. Measure 1 inch onto your box on all sides on the inside of the box.
2. Cut off the bac to your buner type hideout, the top*1 and the top flaps.
3. Cut along the 1 inch line.
4. Glue down any flappy out bits that hold the box together. I encountered this problem on my first attempt when i cut off i vital part of the box, the vital part that hold up the entire thing!
5. Punch two holes in it (to fire out of, yes special rules to it, see below!)
6. Paint it, doesnt have to be a masterpiece, remember this could be a vital part oif a war scene or something, all the metals scratched or dented.
7. Let it dry.
8. Add any stickers or anything onto it.

*1 If you do want a top to it, cut it about 2-3 inches

Special Rules :

The holes at the front are to fire out of. Role a d3 (roll a d6, )and times the result by 3, this is the area you can see in all directions.

You are completely protected from everything but snipers, as you will notice unless you have a roof you have your units heads poking out the top for some.

This is my first piece of homemade scenery, i wanted to start out with something simple but good. This was it! Now your army can slog it out from the safety of knowing almost nothing can harm them, well, within reason.

Enjoy!
Baros

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Is this something you came up with yourself?

By the way you woulden't happen to have pic. of the finished "product", would you.

If I should make something Myself I would take the old bunkers from WW2 into my ideas.
Where I live the bunker remains are all along the coast, and they kinda got the "sharp egded slooping" look of a bunker that you see in most Imperial bunkers...
Just make the model out of cardboard just like this guy above me advices you to do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have a picture! 4 infact! 1 of the front, 1 of inside, 1 inside of it with s/marines, 1 outside with s/marines. I did come up with it myself, but its probably already been made. I have only made the open topped one, and am therefore unsure if it could be made with a roof. It isnt slanting like the bunkers you can buy. As i said i wanted for my first piece of scenery to make something simple.

pics come in next 4 posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, how do you load them up from an image folder from my cpu??? i have no website to display them on at the moment

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
You can't upload in the normal topics, but you should be able to in the gallery....I think Blackhat will let you. I would think there be a secion for scenery in there.

Make a post in the gallery, then come into this topic and post the url of the post you made in the gallery with the images. :)

Toastee

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx for that helping hint, shame it dont work! this forum can only be read, no new topics. :huh: <_< :blink: :angry:

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Ahhh right...hmmm Black may have changed it since I was last on then....

You could aways PM him, and ask for a some gallery space?

OR

Sign up for yahoo geocities or something, tis free webspace, adn fairly easy to upload pictures and images.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Originally posted by Dragonslayero Posted on May 28 2003@ 11:31
If I should make something Myself I would take the old bunkers from WW2 into my ideas.
Where I live the bunker remains are all along the coast, and they kinda got the "sharp egded slooping" look of a bunker that you see in most Imperial bunkers...
Just make the model out of cardboard just like this guy above me advices you to do.
I totally agree.
I am working on a scenery project, kindof like the one you describe. I used Omaha Beach as insipration for mine. It's a shaped like a mesa plateau with two steep passages up both covered bye two bunkers with concrete trenches between then. The bunkers themselves is very similar to the ww2 german ones in normandy, if you have played bf1942 you get the idea. (gotto love those german bunkers!) The whole piece is roughly 90 x 60 cm. The idea behind the project was to use it in the stronghold scenario

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those buners rock! i could mae it like them, y couldnt that b my next project??? infact it is. im gonna make it out of polestyrene though, cardboard to support it. Any ideas for other designs? :unsure:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will have them sunwhere soon, in about 1-2 weeks if your lucky! my website is down for maintenance, images dont load, links dont lead where they r ment 2 balh d blah blah :rolleyes:

they will be on when the site is finished with teh doctor

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I totally agree.
I am working on a scenery project, kindof like the one you describe. I used Omaha Beach as insipration for mine. It's a shaped like a mesa plateau with two steep passages up both covered bye two bunkers with concrete trenches between then. The bunkers themselves is very similar to the ww2 german ones in normandy, if you have played bf1942 you get the idea. (gotto love those german bunkers!) The whole piece is roughly 90 x 60 cm. The idea behind the project was to use it in the stronghold scenario
You totally took the words out of my mouth, I have been thinking of that too, although I thought of the piece as a complete table just being Omaha beach, use it as bunker assault, with one side starting in the water and the other on the top of the beach...

Right now I'm doing the bunkers from my local "War arena", but when I'm done, I'll try to post them on the gallery...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is a bit flimsy! i found it hard to work with even doing a river. You should if you really want to reinforce it. I find polestyrene sheets work really well. Tip : dont use flat cardboard, use corregated cardboard, the ones with the stuff in between them that look like VVVVVVV.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
No this stuff is proper solid. Its Really thick VVVVVVVVVVV stuff as baros nicly put it! It came from a TV stand box. So far i've only made one ruin <_<

I have made rubble by putting blobs of PVA glue around the base (where i want the rubble) and sprinkling dirt (yes Soil!) on it. Looks cool, and cost NOTHING (well a little bit for the glue, but 1 pound for a city aint to shabby!)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 ruin is a good start, is it like the ruins you can buy from GW, with 2 corners and rocky bits in the middle? I saw someone play with homemade scenery like what you describe and they cut they end of a straw and put it under the 2nd floor (if you have 1) so it looked like a pipe.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Its similer to the ones GW sell. Two walls intact, but half ruined, the other walls are almost non-existent. It has two windows, but only a ground floor

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more or less the same! if u get small pieces of grass and drown them so they go brown, you can stick these on the side to give the effect of overgrowth and age on the ruins.

of course this can be dont easily when you cut your lawn if you have one. If not you should have a park near by, or if all else fails, find a house with grass in its front garden and nick a handful.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Ok thx, i'll try that! Like vines crawling up the walls!
The one ruin i have made has already seen action, in the form of a bloody combat between some rival chaos. A little bit of blood might be fun...

I also tried to make a ruined church but it went wrong <_<

I'll do a couple more small ruins like the one i've done and then a large one with another floor, and maybe a town square in the middle with a statue, and some grafitti on loads of walls!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.