Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as many(or some) might know i am a devoted SW 13th company player, but i am trying collect a second army(along with tyranids) and i am thinking of black templars
just asking, how do u paint their icon well on their shoulder pads? they look symple, but when painting, they become soooooo hard....
any advice anyone?
or do they actually sell the stickers:)P) for black templars?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
To set the stage, I leave the shoulderpads off. I prime the main body black, but prime the shoulderpads white. After I assemble them, I paint the black trim on the shoulder pads.

For the symbols, you can use decals (they do sell BT decals). Properly applied, using a setting solution, they blend perfectly with the paint and looks like they are painted on. You could purchase BT metal shoulderpads with the symbol sculpted on, easier to paint. They can be bought on line from GW, or eBay for less. You could also use WWII German Iron Cross decals from various model airplane kits for a different look. If you decide to paint them on, try using a mechanical pencil to sketch them in first. You could also use micro pens to draw them instead of painting them with a brush.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just use the stiker thingo's, i 4get what ther called.....transfer sheet, yea, it comes with 10 black templar thngs on each sheet, alot beter than painting em on

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think everyone else has rubbed it in but they give you transfer sheets for a reason. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I successfully got my first decal on the other day. after painting, use microscale gloss finish and paint the shoulder pad several times. Apply the decal carefully and let dry a good long while. Put a couple more coats on the pad. USe the GW varnish for the rest of the model. Or you could make a stencil, but i don't know how well that would go.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!
FOR RUSS!!!
FOR THE WOLVES!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
ok guys aside from being a devoted grey knights player part of my heart belongs to the black templars and for that reason i cannot allow someone to hurt the holy paint scheme in any way here are some things to make the shoulders look great

1. templars use no squad recognition so the chapter badge is on both arms
2. neophytes and initaits have two different styles of cross
initaits use the standard templar cross
neophytes use a flat ended version that looks similar to a german iron cross
3.the metal shoulder pads look great i buy ten of each kind and use a diff style on each arm when i buy a squad
4. i only use decals on my termies and then only if my hobby pen is no where to be found
5. hobby pens with an ultra fine tip are great and the best part is they cover white well so you just draw on your shape and fill it in with the pen no muss no fuss
6.and the final thing is blood claw boxed sets make great black templars just scrape all the wolf crap off and your good i say blood claws because you get a power fist on the sprue and you get bolt pistols and cc weapons which is the standard gear for bts

hope this helped
jess

·
Registered
17 Posts
you might also pick up the grey hunters box, it comes with 3 power weapons and then just use the troops as your regular units.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.