Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting a Crimson Fists army and I want to now the best coulers to ues can some one help me?

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I personally would start with either a mix of midnight blue and chaos black or a pure midnight blue base. Then, add a touch of ultramarine blue to midnight blue paint everywhere, but leave the previous colour to shade. Add a small amount of skull white for highlights. The red I could start with a basecoat of chaos black and red gore, then pure red gore, and finally highlight with a small amount of blood red.

Kuffy

·
951 Posts
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...dds-crimson-fists-entire-chapter-sdc10014.jpg

In a now sadly defunct project I began last year I painted my fists using chaos black undercoat, medium drybrush of necron abyss, medium drybrush of regal blue and light drybrush of ultramarine blue followed by an Asurmen blue wash for the blue armour and mechrite red for the crimson.

Since this pic the red has gained a blood red and fiery orange highlight.

Its quick and easy. I love the foundation paints and I hate mixing paints so I found a couple (or 3) layers of drybrushing helped create a deep blue shade that wasn't quite a single particular colour.

Just for variation on my minis I paint the shoulder pads of all the veteran models and captains silver but a basic tactical squad of ten men should only take about ten hours or so, not including basing and letting the inks dry.

I don't know if I can link to another forum or not, but over on B&C a guy has painted his minis using bolt gun metal and 3 layers of asurmen blue wash and they look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.